1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DRS Integrale still not working properly

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Towers, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Towers

Towers New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello,
    my (and also others' guys here) DRS Integrale is still not working properly with Automobilista 2.
    For those who don't know the DRS Integrale is a professional steering wheel. It wasn't a "cheap solution" to the most famous wheel makers, the opposite, it was quite expensive, it was the new benchmark for the "geared" wheels.
    Now, this wheel still works great with all the other recent sims like AC ACC rF2 RaceRoom, but it doesn't work properly with the latest versione of the Madness Engine based sims, so PC2 and Automobilista2.
    After A LOT of tries I think that the game does not recognize this as a proper steering wheel.
    I am able to completely calibrate the wheel (choosing "Custom Wheel"), but when in game (into the car cockpit) a HUGE deadzone in the center zone of the steering axis is automatically applied and the rotation (steer lock) is messed up.
    The FFB instead is all there for the whole range of the axis.
    The wheel steering axis is catched by the game ONLY if you set the CONTROLLER DAMPING setting into the range from 0 to 99. If you set it to 100 the steering axis DOEN'T WORK at all.
    Reading here and there in the forum, many people have this kind of issue, and I don't think it is something that could take so long to fix.
    So please... please... I (and other people here) would like to drive AMS2 using our beloved wheel... so please... please... fix it... do it for us!!

Thanks

2. Towers

Hello,
    just to let you know this bug is still there.
    Plesae fix it.

Thanks

3. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

the DRS integrale is not sold anymore.
    How do you think Reiza devs can find a bug w/o getting a wheel on their hands.
    Without a teamwork between Reiza and DEM , who should find a solution?
    I have a new Simagic and it workes without any flaw with PC1/2/3, AC,ACC and many others. But it has problems with Raceroom and F1-2020. So i think its on Simagic, not RRRE to make a proper hardware.
    The sims can only use default Windows libraries. Wheel manufacturers seem to invent the wheel newly from time to time ;)

4. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

pCars2 en AMS2 aren't in the compatibility list (perhaps because they stopped the sale before release?)

Supported titles:

• Assetto Corsa
    • Automobilista
    • Copa Petrobras de Marcas
    • Dirt Rally
    • Game Stock Car
    • GT Legends
    • GTR 2
    • iRacing
    • Kart Racing Pro
    • netKar Pro
    • Project CARS
    • Race 07 + expansions
    • Raceroom Racing Experience
    • rFactor
    • rFactor 2
    DRS Integrale - DEM Racing Simulators

5. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Have you contacted the wheel manufacturer?

Edit due to autocorrect!

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  6. Towers

Hey guys,
    I might agree with you @Wolfgang Herold if the wheel would not work at all... but actually it works.
    What "Custom wheel" or "Legacy wheel" are there for then?
    The DRS is recognized and I'm able to assign the correct axis for steering, and calibrate it.
    Then once in the cockpit starts the issue.
    Unless you set the "Controller damping" to something else than 100, the wheel is not going to work while "on track".
    If you instead set the "Controller damping" to something below 100, you get a huge deadzone in the center zone (let's say about 40/45° left AND right - depending on steering rotation degrees), but then the wheel works "on track" (also FFB is there loud and clear).
    So, maybe the "Custom wheel" and "Legacy wheel" choices are "Controller damping" dependant... maybe if I could set virtually that setting below 0 I could be able to reduce that deadzone... who knows? Config files are encrypted so there's no chance to play with parameters...
    I also contacted DEM and explained the issue back in the PCars2 days, and they said that since it worked for PCars1 (and it worked well) it should also for PCars2, but clearly something has changed in the code.
    This wheel works great also in ACC for example and that sim is not in the "supported titles" list, and I don't think ACC devs had a DRS wheel on their heands to try...

@SaxOhare thanks but I already knew about the supported title list

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Wolfgang Herold

sure. Bad luck. But as beeing developer my self, i'm sure that only the hardware developer can debug with his own tools can find whats coming wrong from the game side. W/o direct communication between those 2 companies it will never work. As DEM stopped development 5 years ago, i see no light for you.

8. Bollocks Basher

Bollocks Basher New Member

Hey Wolf! I used the search function for "Simagic" and your post as the only thing that came up so I'm hoping that you can help me out: I recently got a Simagic Alpha Mini wheel and I just wanted to ask for your settings on Race Manager? I'm also getting a lot of wheel oscillation with the Formula Ultimate. But not the tin top cars , I've consulted all other Simagic resources and I'm out of luck so I decided to pop into these forums to find some help. Oh and please and thank you

Sincerely , another Simagic fan.

9. Wolfgang Herold

10. Bollocks Basher

Bollocks Basher New Member

Thanks for the speedy response, and I am in the discord group with T3KNOSIS but I figured this was a fair shot.

Anyways thanks for the help, take care :)