1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DRS with Formula Ultimate

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by lensman45, Jul 9, 2020.

Tags:
  1. lensman45

lensman45 Member

Is the DRS system working with the Formula Ultimate car?
    If yes, would someone kindly explain to this very new driver how to deploy it please.
    Cheers :)

2. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Go to your settings, assign a button to DRS and KERS. You can only deploy DRS in DRS zones... (white signs along the track).

• Like Like x 1
  3. lensman45

lensman45 Member

Thank you :)
    And will there be any indication on my virtual steering wheel/dash that it is deployed?

4. Rujasu

Rujasu Member

The DRS icon in the bottom right of the HUD will turn green. There's probably supposed to an indicator on the steering wheel itself but it doesn't look like it's working.

• Like Like x 1
  5. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Please note, that some cars (like the P1) allows the DRS to be activated at any time on the track (use at your own peril in fast and long curves!!)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just tried the Formula Ultimate for the first time and was not able to see any DRS light go on and off on the steering wheel when pressing the assigned button. Will that come at a later stage?

7. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The DRS light on the steering wheel is always turned on. I suppose when Reiza adds this feature to the wheel that light will only turn on when you can enable DRS.

@lensman45 the F-Ultimate DRS works like this: along the track you have detection zones (DET sign) and DRS zones (DRS sign). To be able to activate DRS you must be inside a DRS zone AND you have to be less than 1 second behind the car in front when you reached the DET sign.

For example, if you look at the Red Bull Ring you can see we have 3 DRS zones preceded of 3 DET zones. When you are following a car, you must reach the DET zone with 1 second or less after the car you are following in order to be able to enable the DRS in the next DRS zone:

upload_2020-7-25_11-53-1.png

You can only enable DRS after lap 2. DRS is disabled by the race director when it starts raining.

• Like Like x 4
  8. lensman45

lensman45 Member

@sgsfabiano, yes, I have figured it out and it's working good for me now. Thank you for the detailed explanation :)

9. TruongND

TruongND New Member

I was trying the P1, when I used DRS in 2nd DRS Zone at Interlagos and even with little steering input, I always end up spinned into the left wall of 14th corners. Is that because of DRS taking my rear downforce away?