1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ease...anyone else?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Cfst, May 19, 2020.

1. Cfst

Cfst Active Member AMS2 Club Member

******EDIT******
    Guyyyyyssss, please read the thread before commenting. Okay, no one's going to do that, so I am coming back to the original post to quote the important bits.....before more potential TRIGGERING from a misunderstanding occurs. Also we have a solution. Anyway, below are the coles notes because although you may have strong opinions please try and remember this thread uncovered a bug, and the more bickering going on just BURIES THE SOLUTION, FFS

Thanks to these two chaps, the issue has been found!

Please read at least the portion below before you get upset with me:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Cliff

Cliff Member

The F3 is definitely less involving. I ran the Super V8 off the track onto the grass and left my feet and had full control.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Cfst

It is very disappointing, to be honest, given how close the update figures are to 1.0

I had really high hopes. I hope, if this is not simply in my head, that this can be turned around.

I was trying Formula V12 at Kansai for example, and it has not been engaging to drive since .8.2 or so.

You have to try to spin these things with assists off..

BSC V8 with only moderate downforce can spin easily in the slower corners....yet they seem quite unrealistically stable as do most other cars represented in this game, despite as I say with Driving aids forced off..

Personally I never really saw the braking issues everyone was on about. I calibrated my pedals out of sim and I found them quite decent and locked up when appropriate..

fingers crossed we get back into Sim territory and out of Game territory

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. eSTee3

eSTee3 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think you'd have to define "easy", as that carries alot of opinion. In my opinion, the game replicates how I would expect the cars to drive/react, as if I were driving them in real life. For that reason, the game is easy for me to get into and drive, without wiping out all the time, or feeling slow because the car can't be driven to the limit that I expect it to drive to.

If you don't play iRacing, that's a perfect example of completely unrealistic physics with how your brain would expect cars to react. I love iRacing, but it's difficulty resides in it's inability to feel natural.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

I do believe the cars are rather easy to control (or most of them) but I also think cars around the track shouldnt be trying to kill you. Maybe someone with experience could chime in, I will be driving couple of race cars (GT3 and renault formula) at end of summer around the track so until then Im just guessing :)

In an actual race though when pushing, to be completely honest Ive seen enough people going off track and making unrecoverable mistakes. I try to be very consistent and coming from iRacing it toaught me a lot ... but with all the variables, cold brakes/tires, degradation over time etc. Ive not seen less incidents online than in other "harder" games.

What I do like though is how FFB gives me so much information it actually feels like driving a real car to an extent, this helps me control it better than almost any other sim and may be one of the reasons it feels easier.

• Like Like x 2
  6. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

What are you comparing it to ?

rFactor 2, Assetto Corsa, Assetto Corsa Competizione ? - something else ?

If find quite a few of the cars reasonably easy compared to rF 2, but that's life, but some of them are a bit touchy. mainly the Formula Classic Gen 1 cars - which are favorites of mine.

Please provide more info in terms of what you are comparing against etc.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cfst

With great respect to the posters above who provided thoughtful comments

I was comparing the current version of this game, to previous early access versions.

If I need to compare to another title, I'd say in comparison to Assetto Corsa and RF2, this title at present seems much easier to drive generally.

I would agree that many steps have been taken to improve the FFB as noted above. I definitely only meant to speak to the ease I feel now, compared to maybe 5 or 6 weeks ago..

8. Cfst

Shadak, shoot me a PM! If you are Europe based we may run into each other.

9. Cfst

To be crystal clear about what I mean when I say "easy" - definitely I have noticed, in general, that cars do not lock up, spin, lose traction etc even when they should...despite leaving assists forced off in main menu. I cannot be the only person who has noticed this and is left a bit disappointed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

I read some comments on the beta Discord where the first thing they noted was that cars seemed easier to drive on this patch. I'd certainly agree with that, maybe it is a side effect of some of the changes they made to fix the brake sensitivity and physics. Now they have that sorted maybe they will tweak the handling back to being more challenging.

11. Cfst

I am wondering if the game can be broken down by profiles like in other sims. Obviously driving aids off do not differ enough from "authentic" to "off" for example.

Would it be better to have a gamer profile, an authentic profile, etc etc and be able to toggle various assists individually sort of like in AC?

Just food for thought, definitely not trying to ruffle feathers. I am a backer too and support the studio like the rest of you, but it's good to mention things on the forum.

12. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For me the semislick? tyres and vintage tyres seem a little odd in some cars. Overly forgiving and sort of exploitable I guess when you drive over the limit.

An old example but the car still seemed to have a bit of this behaviour last time I checked, you can use oversteer on entry to rotate the Vee and throttle pulls it straight even when really sideways

The Ultima in the current build seems too forgiving over the limit also, I gained time here at Druids

Another example is the Formula Vintage where you can move the brake bias much more to the rear and use the brakes to oversteer the car into corners without much skill needed or chance to lose the car under braking, it can be used to negate the understeer on entry.

13. Cfst

I was very confused by some of the "braking issues" people reported. Many people on this forum were indicating brake lock up was too easy , but to be honest I found it fairly inline with my own experiences. I read someone, maybe it was Marc Collins on here if memory serves me correctly, trying to explain to people that before leaving feedback like that , bestt to understand fully the brake technique of various race craft. I did not comment then, but I see where he was coming from, and wonder if the devs have taken seriously some of the complaints on this forum, and in an effort to please everyone , made the sim too game-like.. I understand everyone backs the sim and enjoyment is paramount. But the result can also be we end up moving away from a sim and into a game. In my humble opinion this is where we are at currently.

The positive thing is we have a team of developers who push updates every week, which is insane pace, and the sim is not finished. Fingers crossed!

As I said earlier , I wonder if it is better to have "profiles" as a starting point, with individual sliders for the assists etc..

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  14. Cfst

I really think this is worth some consideration. There's not enough difference between OFF, AUTHENTIC, and ON to be fair.. so possibly starting with profiles similar to what can be seen in other sim titles, and leaving individual sliders to tune within those profiles which represent aids could be something worthwhile.

15. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone who watched GamerMuscles recent AMS2 stream would not think the cars are too easy to drive. Even GT5s were spinning all over the place.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

Yeah, I had a few races on the stream and especially the starts were carnage, cars flying everywhere lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Cfst

deleted

18. Cliff

Cliff Member

I agree with you on this. Braking is actually quite a skill yet there were people in here saying that brakes were 'either on or off' in a racing car, while others were saying they had one way of setting up their brakes and they were never going to change from that.

I was worried when I saw major physics changed in such a late version. Don't like what I've seen so far. Certainly the grass is way too forgiving.

19. Cfst

It is totally possible that it is in my head - but I really don't think so, respectfully. I have a bit more experience than that, to imagine things

20. Cfst

Indeed, mate. as I wrote earlier, it is disappointing given how close the V figure is to 1.0. We are not in sim territory in my opinion.