1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Erratic behavior dedicated server with AI

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Maarten van Oosterhout, Jan 10, 2022.

1. Maarten van Oosterhout

Maarten van Oosterhout New Member AMS2 Club Member

When running a dedicated server with mixed AI/humans the server behaves very erratic.
    Things noticed:
    • Number of AI correct for first race (this case: 20) but cut in half for the next race
    • AI strength sometimes OK (seems like also the first race only) but always restored to default 80% after that
    • Server admin logs in first: there is AI. Non-admin users logging in first: there is no AI!
    • AI strength always reset when changing car/class/track (when server is set up to not control car/class/track)
    Automobilista 2 is really moving forward but not having reliable dedicated server possibilities is not good at all. Although most complaints involve the AI in this post, I have seen other strange things happening.
    In general the dedicated server user-friendliness is almost non-existent and the PDF with manual is very very minimalistic. Is there more info available somewhere online maybe?
    Hopefully most issues get solved soon or league racing is not going to happen on AMS2 :(

2. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can preset a lot in the server.cfg, im not running a lot of ai on my servers, but i might be able to help you out with the server.cfg stuff.

Might be handy if you post your server.cfg here, obviously delete/change your usernames/passwords that are in there