Extreme lag during session change

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Fernando Porteiro, Mar 15, 2022.

1. Fernando Porteiro

Fernando Porteiro New Member

Hi there,

I'd like to know what's going on with AMS 1 servers. We've been running races in a dedicate server located in the US, and participants are from all over: mostly Brazil, but also the US, Argentina, Portugal, Spain, and Poland. This has been happening at least for the last 2 years. No issues until around November 2021.

Considering the drivers are mostly the same, and after talking to other friends who run championships on Automobilista (3 other servers: two in the US and one in Brazil) who are also experiencing the same issues, is there something happening to the AMS 1 Servers?

You know, Sector3 did some sheat with their Race07 servers after acquiring it from SimBin, just to kill it for the sake of newer RaceRoom. I can't help but think that Reiza is running some similar strategy, as the other admins are also thinking, because of AMS 2. But hopefully that's not the case. You guys don't have to kill AMS 1 to try and raise AMS 2. Or maybe the online world is not the main goal indeed, as I watched in a past interview...

Whatever. So, any chance the lags during sessions change can be mitigated? And maybe we can have the AMS 1 as we once knew it?

thanks in advance.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Zygrunt

Zygrunt New Member

Was there any change to the multiplayer infrastructure? Maybe the lobby or the matchmaker? Because the leagues affected run their own servers and this issue, which didn't happen before, is affecting leagues that run separated, unrelated dedicated servers.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1