1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F-Reiza audio

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Testeagle, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Testeagle

Testeagle Member

Just checked the game with it's new official release and the gear change audio is still a loud distorted terrible noise so I still can't drive it hope it gets fixed real soon after all these months waiting.
    Here I am to report that on the 3/2/2021 the audio problem is still not fixed, just pathetic.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2021
  2. Testeagle

Testeagle Member

3. Testeagle

Testeagle Member

Still doing it no one cares :confused:.

4. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Im not experiencing it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Same for me, no issues. Makes we wonder if it only occurs with the external view with specific car and/or track... Since most people don't drive using this external view (since it's much slower and less precise), perhaps that's why no one really noticed the sound issue... Just a thought...

• Like Like x 1
  6. Testeagle

Testeagle Member

yes maybe

7. Testeagle

Testeagle Member

16/8/2021 I've uninstalled this game rebooted my pc and the audio problem is still happening

8. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you verified your Steam files? Is this glitch happening on other tracks?

9. Testeagle

Testeagle Member

Thanks for getting back to me. Yes I have verified my steam files and this is the only one I've found, when I first bought the game the gear changes in all views made the distorted sound then, after some upgrades it reduced to the chase view only distorting the audio.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

Are you sure its not happening in your cockpit view anymore?
    Because if it is not then at least Reiza has "secretly" been working on this bug.
    Eventhough none of the most blind (or deaf :p) tiffosis in this forum has admitted there ever was a problem.:whistle:

11. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Could you post your ingame Audio settings, please? (In case it's reproducible in a certain way, screenshot for example)

It would be nice, if you could include your PC Specs in your signature, btw. (In case, it's related to a hardware combination)

Do you have set the appropriate numbers of speakers in windows audio settings. (It can happen sometimes, that there goes something out of whack).

------------

Once again you can hardly hold back with patronizing and insulting other people. Stop embarrasing yourself and grow up, mate.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
  12. Testeagle

Testeagle Member

upload_2021-8-16_20-55-20.jpeg upload_2021-8-16_20-55-42.jpeg upload_2021-8-16_20-56-0.jpeg

13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

14. TheRaptor103

TheRaptor103 Consistently inconsistent AMS2 Club Member

I know this thread is a few months old now, but I've been having the same problem in exterior view for this car. I found a solution, however: if you replace the file "GearShift_F_Reiza_2012.bank" from folder "Automobilista 2\Audio\AMS2\Vehicles\Drivetrain\GearChangeGrinding" with a renamed copy of another GearShift file, the loud distorted noise when shifting goes away. Admittedly, this is only a band-aid fix, but it works and you probably won't notice a difference if you copy the sound from another Formula car. It also potentially points to the sound itself being the problem, not the settings or anything else.

15. Testeagle

Testeagle Member

Thanks TheRaptor103 I looked at the file thanks for pointing that out. I use chase to view the car taking an apex not driving in a race, it is still make those awful sounds. I really just wanted to point out the bug that's been in the game from the start so Reiza can fix it, but handy to know so thanks again.