F1 1965-mod crashes to desktop

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Jeff Thomasson, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Jeff Thomasson

Jeff Thomasson New Member

Hi all,

I downloaded an F1 1965-mod from this link: td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}F1 1965.zip

I think it is a conversion from an rF-mod but I can't get it to run.

AMS loads perfectly. I can choose the mod and when I go to Test or Single Race, the option screen loads. That screen correctly lists all the cars in the mod and their drivers on the lower left side of the screen. Tracks are also shown. When I select a car and then click the arrow on the lower right to start up the session, the session loads ok. I see my car standing in the garage with the standings overlay that shows me as well as any number of AI-cars I selected. When I then click the arrow on the lower right to actually drive, AMS always crashes back to the desktop.

I have also tried watching one of the AI's head out with the standings overlay on and that works perfectly. I can see the AI drive out onto the track. I can switch camera's and follow it. As soon as I click the small screen-icon to the upper right of the screen to remove the standings overlay, AMS however also crashes to desktop.

I have tried the above with different cars (Honda and Ferrari) at different tracks (Jo'burg and Imola) and the result is always the same.

I have tried with graphic settings maxed out and then decreased player and opponent detail, effects and shadows to high and, in a next attempt, to medium. But that did not help.

What I also noticed is that, in the car and track selection screen, once a car is selected its different drivers list up on the bottom left. The list will contain the same driver several times but only the first slot of each particular driver can be selected. The other slots of that same driver can not be selected. So e.g., with Ferrari selected, there will be about five slots with Surtees, but only the first one can be selected. Not sure whether that is linked to the mod crashing.

Someone at ISO hinted that it could be due to the mods cch-file conflicting with another cch-file. So, I compared the F1 1965 cch-file with the cch-file of another, working, mod. They both looked absolutely analogous, so I did not get much wiser from comparing them.

I googled a bit and on this forum found how to edit my start-up settings and have AMS make a trace-file for each time I start up AMS. The trace-files thus generated, learned me the following:

- when I try to go out onto the track at Imola 88 with the F1 1965-mod, AMS crashes to desktop as aforementioned. The last line in the trace-file reads: "(timestamp): setup.cpp 2147: Could not find IMOLA1988.ini"

- I then did the same test with Montreal 1988 and the last line in the trace-file read:
    "(timestamp): setup.cpp 2147: Could not find MONTREAL1988.ini"

- When I drive with any of the other mods and then exit the game normally, the last line in the trace-file reads:
    "(timestamp): osman.cpp 671: Entered OSMan :: Exit ()"

- Funny thing however is that the line "could not find IMOLA1988.ini" also shows up in the trace-file of AMS-sessions running working mods successfully. It even shows up about 6 times, but there AMS seems able to deal with not being able to locate the file and just continues loading.
    Even in the trace-file of the sessions with the F1 65-mod, the same line "could not find IMOLA1988.ini" shows up about 4 times before the end of the file. So AMS seems able to handle it in certain phases but then finally crashes on it?

- I then went on to, undoubtedly very foolishly, to try out some stuff. First I tried copying the Imola1988.gdb file in the Locations\Imola88\Imola directory and renamed the copy to Imola1988.ini. Same result as above in the trace-file. Then I copied the Imola1988.ini-file to the Locations\Imola88 directory. Same result.

- Finally, I went to the Vehicles\F165\Ferrari directory and there copied the ini-file holding the base setup of the car and renamed that to Imola1988.ini. AMS still crashes to desktop when trying to join the track, but the last line in the trace-file now reads:
    "(timestamp): vehload.cpp 1189: RPM-torque brake > throttle @ 0.000000"

Does anyone here have an idea as to what is wrong with the mod?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff