1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F309 can do easy and consistent 360s

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by HighRoLa, May 26, 2020.

Tags:
  1. HighRoLa

HighRoLa New Member

So i was experimenting with the F3 a bit, and one time i spun heavily and the car did a perfect 360. Tested it out for fun, and noticed that it wasnt just luck, it is just very easy to do 360s in that car. It doesnt really take any skill, you just scandiflick (or just crank the steering*) and it will usually do an easy 360 even without any steering, just keeping the wheel centered.

*=Heres another thing. Im not sure if very quickly cranking the steering at high speed should make the car spin even in high downforce cars, without a scandiflick. No other sim does that, but i have not driven a high downforce car.

I have not tested this on other cars, and im not sure if it happens on others.
    Edit: I have tested this on some more cars now. This does seem to happen on all cars, but most cars are not agile enough to be thrown into a slide big enough to do a 360. All the Formula cars i've tried can also do this, but some of them just flip instead, straight from the steering.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure if exactly same, and I haven't repeatedly tested it like the F3 clip above... but here's me in the 125cc go kart doing a perfect 360 too...

It seems a little too perfect how the car 'snaps' to grip after it's full rotation.

3. HighRoLa

HighRoLa New Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. SlowPoke80

SlowPoke80 Active Member

I've been so disappointed by the terrible physics so far. I'm starting to think that the only way this game could be saved is by coaxing Niels to come back.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. Angelo

Angelo New Member AMS2 Club Member

Even though the sensation of contact between the tire and the asphalt is very good, the very little physics ascertained so far, is to be concerned.