1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fanatec CSW V2.5 - Wheel looses calibration after crash (Damage set to off)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Andrew H12366, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Andrew H12366

Andrew H12366 New Member

Hi All
    Couldn't find answer to this on previous threads so thought I would ask

I am using a FAnatec CSWv2.5 and a Universal Hub (Xbox) - on the PC - when i do a Caterham Superlight Timetrial (Damage set to off) - All is well untill I have a crash and when I return to circuit my wheel is off centre and I have to restart session to get back to centre

Any ideas of a fix??

Thanks
    Andrew

2. NickL

NickL New Member

I don't think damage is off, the selection is greyed out. Your wheel is not out of calibration, you have just bent your steering.

3. Al666

Al666 New Member

I also use a CSWv2.5, sometimes AMS 2 loses the binding to the Wheel complete.
    This issue get better, when i use "Custom Wheel" for binding, instead of "Fanatec Wheel"..
    Cheers, Al

4. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Only got my Fanatetc a few days ago and have also noticed the same problem . Damage was set to off also , was driving the M1 at the time .
    Rather than reset or quit to menu I just drove back onto track and after a couple of 90 degree rotations it corrected itself . This worked for me on all three occasions and although not a fix as such it beats having to quit back to menu .

5. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Hi . Just wondering if you still have the problem with your wheel ?
    I thought mine was sorted after returning to Fanatec for repair but no ! Still loses centre after turning a hairpin bend quite often . I'm becoming more convinced it's a problem with AMS2 rather than the wheel itself as AC runs just fine .
    Any feedback would be most helpful ( excuse the pun ) in trying to figure this out .