1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fanatec pedal V3 brake rumble

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by flaviodmc, Aug 21, 2021.

1. flaviodmc

flaviodmc New Member

Hi,

I recently got a Fanatec CSP V3 and can’t get the brake rumble working on AMS2. Any advice?
    I’m plugging it on a USB port, because I don’t have a Fanatec base yet.

Thank’s

2. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

are you using fanaleds?

3. flaviodmc

flaviodmc New Member

Is Fanaleds the only way to make it work? I don’t think it’s quite the same as native support, such as in iRacing.

4. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Pretty sure rumble is only active when plugged into the wheelbase - check the manual. If you want to activate the motors with pedals directly connected you need 3rd party software hence the mention Fanaleds

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

On my older v1 pedals it just works when plugged into a USB to PC. No fanalab used here.
    Does the vibration work when opening fanatec driver software in the test function?

6. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

my pedals are not plugged in to a wheelbase as I don't have one, but I'm not sure if the rumble works in AMS2 I'll have to check next time I'm on the rig.

7. Gagaryn

I think with the older pedals, and perhaps with v3 when connected via usb, the rumble is dumb - simply activated when pedal reaches a specific threshold. But when connected to the wheelbase and with Fanalab running the rumble is controlled by telemetry. I have mine connected to my wheelbase, Fanalab running and the rumble definitely works in AMS 2 for lock ups, wheel slip and rev limiter.

8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Well mine works on brake lock up in AMS2 and it works really well, although weak it always vibrates at exactly the right time along with my buttkicker that i have set to brake lock ups also.

9. Gagaryn

Sure you are right - was pure speculation on my part.

10. Aaron Purnell

Aaron Purnell New Member

Hey guys i read some of the comments above, appreciate all of the feedback. Currently i have my V3 pedals plugged in via the usb and i slightly feel the rumble but is kinda random. So if i connect them to the wheel base itself, should i then select combined in the controller settings for wheel ? or should i leave that pedals option on separate ?