1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fanatec Wheel opinion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bull Shark, Mar 8, 2020.

1. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Later has long since begun. AMS2 Club Member

2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

These are V1's. They are all the same, but only different looking. V2 is a step-up, tho. Mostly buttons, leds and display. I would take a look on Marktplaats cause we both in the same country. There are now 3 V1's out there. If I was you I would buy a V1 and a roundshaped wheel then you're set. Don't buy the CSL elite P1 or so. It doesn't have a QR. And don't buy the Mclaren; It's plastic and have lots of issues.

Ps. If you want to enhance those V1's with magnetic shifters don't buy those on Marktplaats. That aren't real magnetic shifters, cause you're still using the spring inside the casing. :rolleyes:

3. Bull Shark

I had the McLaren wheel. Send it back 3 times. Got a refund.
    So I’m a bit careful buying an other wheel. I now have the standard CSL wheel on my CSW v2.5. But I want a F1 rim again.

4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't own this rim, but i can tell you, that it has less diameter than a G27. After going back once from the 30cm P1 rim to the 28cm G27 rim, it was feeling very unusual, so better take this under consideration! :D If you like smaller rims, than this could be worth a look.

But i would be always careful with "lower" priced products in the Fanatec range, their quality can spread a lot, i have quite some hickups with my CSL Elite PS4 kit, where support doesn't really do much about it, because it's apparently in Fanatecs tolerances of build quality. So i would recommend buying a working product used, to save money or looking maybe for the Formula Rim Carbon instead. (But i would never really recommend Fanatec after my experiences with their wheel products, now...CS pedals V3 are great for the pricing, though.)
    Here is a short report/review of it, that mentions the odd shifter peddal feeling but good usability.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2020
  5. Bull Shark

Yeah Fanatec is sometimes a no go. But I can't efort a steeringwheel above €400. So I have to make choices. My v2.5 wheelbase and paddles and shifter are fine.
    The McLaren wheel was a disaster.

6. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm using F1 Carbon.
    And no, there are no turning switches or clutch paddles (so they cannot fail:p). But it's a solid and handy peace of sim hardware. Changing between 918 rsr and f1 rims always needs some adaption as @CrimsonEminence says but driving newer singleseaters or GT3s with this rim very nice.

7. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

8. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Well. First I will await the reviews and the drivers, lol. Probably going to be awesome, buutttttttttttttttt not working how it has to be, haha.

9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

And the price :eek: ain't going to be $350 like the McLaren rim :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Koen_Sch

Koen_Sch Active Member

I'm mostly curious on how the new QR will be implemented. IT seems interesting, but I could find what the actual improvements to the old one are.