1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Force Feedback is not working

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by SkorpionXs, Apr 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. SkorpionXs

SkorpionXs New Member

Hello everyone, my FFB is not working in the game, MainMenu is working normally, can someone help me?

2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

It seems that resetting (controls) to defaults may help. If not, try deleting the player-save files and start the setup process again.

To Delete Save-Files: Navigate to: Documents / Automobilista2 / savegame / 9052224 / automobilista 2 / profiles (Delete save-files in this folder), and run AMS2 setup again.

Note: It's been suggested that Steam Cloud Sync may possibly be interfering with saving controller settings(?) in some cases.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. SkorpionXs

SkorpionXs New Member

30/5000

Thank's solved my problem

• Like Like x 1
  4. fozzdigg

fozzdigg New Member

thanks for the idea but maybe i didn't do it right. having a hell of a time wish is wasn't so tricky to get running. Ive got a thrustmaster tx (t300) and csl elite pedals and have to calibrate the wheel with pedal unplugged and then manually configure the pedals before calibrating them...all with game exits between. Great. Now pedals and wheel are working but absolutely no feedback and have tried the whole setting up process with deleting the save files more ways than 1.

Stumped to get force feedback after all the excellent reviews of the aspect.

Any more ideas or a specific method write-up on when to remove save files would be great.

Nice work forum and Reiza from the 2 min of feedback free driving ive done so far

5. fozzdigg

fozzdigg New Member

Please and thanks...i left the iRacing ffb app in the task bar and didn't realize it for way too long to even guess as I've been having trouble for over a 20 hrs of troubleshooting.

Take away: apparently this and most other games are sensitive (won't work...duh) to another app already talking to the joy devices.

On a superb note, so far and in just 10 min of tuning, the ffb is up there with some of the best feeling imo.

Its a great time to be a fan of this hobby.

Solved

• Like Like x 3
  6. 250swb

250swb Active Member

FWIW my G29 wheel and pedals stopped working, whether because I'd made some adjustments to the FFB before entering a race, or because the driver just didn't load on booting the game, but 'Reset to Default' in Controls got them working again.

7. Sting Ray

Sting Ray Member AMS2 Club Member

Fozzdigg - you say your FFB is good on your Thrustmaster. Can i ask what settings you are using in the control panel and in-game ?....thanks

8. fozzdigg

fozzdigg New Member

hey Sting Ray. I'm primarily testing MCR2000 at Spielberg for ffb settings and currently have in game of:

75 50 30 20 from top to bottom

Thrustmaster control panel:

overall 80
    constant 100
    periodic 100
    spring 0
    damper 20
    auto center...by the game

9. fozzdigg

fozzdigg New Member

double post

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020