Formula 3 fuel

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by SirVanhan, Sep 26, 2016.

1. SirVanhan

SirVanhan New Member

After falling in love with the Formula Vee, now I'm stepping up and having A LOT of fun with the Formula 3. Just raced at Goiana, 120%, so much fun. I'm "simulating" the F3 Brasil championship, so I'd like to race for 40 minutes. Yet the tank are pretty small, I think. Nor me, neither the AI can't finish the race without at least one pit-stop. Some AIs even do a 2-stopper for a 40 minutes race. Yes, it's fun because it adds the strategy part, not only fuel strategy, but also tyre management strategy, but as far as I know, F3 Brasil, nor any F3 championship has pit-stops.

2. Kevin Peat

Kevin Peat Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I noticed this as well. The cars could maybe do with an increase in tank size although current European F3 only has 45 litres so just 5 more than the cars in AMS so not much difference really.

The fuel calculation in the setup menu also seems fairly pessimistic. As an example, for Guapore the setup screen estimates consumption at 2 litres per lap but the actual usage is slightly under 1.5 litres per lap. I wonder if that has something to do with the AI choosing odd strategies.

3. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  4. CCKaren

CCKaren Active Member AMS2 Club Member

F3 Brasil videos are hard to come by, but there are onboards on Youtube. F3 Brasil as far as I can tell runs 30m races in the 2016 season, though I know they've run longer in the past (I found a 2014 race a while ago which was 60m).

5. SirVanhan

SirVanhan New Member

You are right. They now run for 30 minutes.
    So I just tried a 30m race at Goiana, where I also did the 40m race. Same story. All the AI cars pit with a few laps to go. I myself had to coast like crazy for three laps to the checkered, and run out of fuel on the last lap.

Ai at 120%
    Fuel consumption was on normal.
    Radiator was at 6.
    I was racing with the F301, but the grid was a mix. Every single car had to pit.