1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Formula Classic Gen 3 Model 3 engine exploding

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Cyteless, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Cyteless

Cyteless New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey folks. Ran a race session yesterday with BETA6 on Imola '88, with the FCG3M3, sunny 10:00 1988/05/01. I turned on full damage, which I forgot to turn on when I was doing private testing with the car. Leaving the pits for practice, I drove the car as during my tests - shifting on the red line. I received a damaged car pit board call, which I thought was for bumping the pit wall on the automatic pit exit. Engine then blew up approaching Piratella. Thought this was an anomaly, but it kept happening. Engine was blowing when the car was driving in a straight line, not during shifts (though I managed to blow it up when shifting a few times as well!).

BETA7 then released, so I checked to see if any changes to the car had been made. Still kept blowing up. I saw that the new setup screen had added the engine opening setting, so I thought the default 25% was causing the engine to overheat. Set it to 100%. Engine still blew on the red line, driving straight, no shifting.

Tried changing my driving by shifting at or before the green shift lights. Managed to get 2 laps out of the car, but the engine blew again - again, not shifting, just driving straight.

Is the car not finished yet, so this is not as intended, or is there any advice for my driving or car setup to prevent this? Is it possible that the weather/date conditions made the temperatures too hot? Couldn't see anything on the dash to show oil or water temp, so I'm not sure.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Faceplant

Faceplant New Member AMS2 Club Member

I think we need to see the actual 'Beta' forums because I posted overnight about loads of stuff and I can't find the post.

3. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

afaik you should set mechanical failures to NO to prevent from exploding motors.

4. Kentaro Taniuchi

Kentaro Taniuchi Member AMS2 Club Member

I have the same issue. I think Imola has this issue. We will need to wait and see.

5. vortex

vortex Member

Is that just during beta? If not, how is this realistic?

6. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

this is just a pCARS2 tip.
    Mechanical damage is for motors
    Damage is for lost wheels, aero, lost parts etc.
    Seems to be a bug for this car. So it will be fixed hopefully