1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Formula Vintage Customizable Cars

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Damian Baldi, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Member

This is a bit crazy idea, but it was done in the past with the FD, FV, Formula Libre cars back on the days of GPL.

As it looks like there wont be a car for each brand as it was in real life, I sugest the idea to have two chassises and three or four engines, that the user could choose from to build the car. The current DFV, the V12 and maybe a different V8 or V12 with different power curve and torque to create more variety.

I don't know how physics work on AMS2 engine, but the point should be that the engines should transfer their weight to the chassis to create the final car. Other option could be that the wheel base change if there is a V12 or V8 engine installed, that could solve the correlation with the graphics.

This way the car variety could increse and users could find their best car to drive, even in a championship cars could be asigned in some way to balance de grid, etc etc.

I think the most difficult part of all this, is to change the UI to allow this customization, the other option is to have the pre build chassis-engine combinations.

2. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

How about a vertically stacked pair of flat 8’s?

I think the issue here is they would have to model the chassis around the engine. Only one had the engine as a stressed member, so the rest need some amount of framework and fairings around the engine. It’s probably more work than we realize and then you have to make them handle differently and keep them balanced to some degree.

3. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Member

hmm vertically stacked pair of flat 8’s.....where I heard that? :D

I think the graphic side isn't the difficult part of all this. If that small part of bodywork over the v12 is not used, the assembly could work. If it works like in rf2 the physics/graphics/sound shouldn't be the problem. The difficult part of all this I think is the changes needed when you sellect the car.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing Reiza Backer

I think if Reiza wanted to pad the F-Vintage field, before implementing a more complicated mix 'n match system, it would be easier to reuse the M1 with small graphical differences (a la F-Classic G2M1 & M2) with a different V8 power curve, and maybe add another one with an H16 style engine.