FPS drops during night / lighting

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Oli Halkinen, Mar 9, 2016.

1. Oli Halkinen

Oli Halkinen New Member

Hi, I´m new in AMS, like it but I have performance problems. I buy this sim while expecting high fps because AMS don´t look "PC hungry". I know that while EA/beta I can´t expect perfect smoothness so: Can I expect overall better fps performance after full release?

PC specs: Intel Q9550 @ 3,4Ghz, 4 GB RAM, SSD - Windows 7/64bit/SP1 and AMS on it, Sound: M-audio delta 1010LT, 1 screen, AMD HD7850 1GB + 2GB: a little OC, Crossfire disabled, GPU info:
    Driver Packaging 15.30.1025-151117a-296575C
    Catalyst 15.8
    Direct3D 9.14.10.01162
    AMD Catalyst Control Center 2015.0804.21.41908
    -yes old PC but I can run other "new games" on relatively nice settings with stable 60+,70+ FPS

Wheel: TM T300, G25 base for pedals and shifter

Issue:
    I have huge FPS drops while night race. In day 80+ FPS on start with 10 cars in front of me, same conditions in night: 19 FPS, as drivers go out of my view FPS jump over 100, 140 FPS. I also tried switch on lights in day and fps drop down from 80 to 55. Also tried time acceleration in replay from day to night and FPS stay stable because no one have lights on. While racing in day I have no problems, fps drops or stuttering, everything is nice and smooth. After any situation I check hardware monitor and: CPU max load was around 50, GPU max 99 - but can´t say if it is correct.
    I don´t know if it is know issue but I can´t find anything about it.

I tried a lot of different graphic settings without sweat fx, with sweat fx checked and AMD recommended settings from game manual (not use sweat fx at all), etc. No background process, I also tried change FFB update rate but nothing help... I can try modify some cfg game files but don´t think that it can help...

Some suggestions?

Thanks. Oli from Slovakia
    (hope you understand me -my/English/bad)

2. s2173

s2173 New Member

There is a cfg modification that I think can help... go to your Automobilista folder, User data, the folder with your profile name and open "your name".plr with a text editor. In there, find the line "Headlights on cars="1"" and change the value to 0. Right above there is "Max headlights" value, you can change that to 10.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oli Halkinen

Oli Halkinen New Member

Thank you. Now the FPS are same in night and day, look little weird but work good... I hope that after full release the performance go way up.