1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fps-ffb relation

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by susuwatari, Nov 22, 2022.

1. susuwatari

susuwatari New Member

This might be a stupid question but hey... I normally play AMS1 and AMS2 at 60fps. If i limit my framerate to 30, does this reduce the quality of ffb and physics in any way?

2. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

I would Say ( and hope ) no.

I cannot Tell how reiza designed There software but I Will hope Physics and graphic generation are two separed thread.

Usually Physics run at Higher speed if I compare to what I know ( Full flight simulator). Some data should Come from graphic DB, but I would say image generation is done on the Side.

Saying that 30 fps is pretty low, could be acceptable for flight SIM but for race simulator maybe not suitable

Last edited: Nov 24, 2022
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hard to say, you can try putting "-fpscap 30" in the launch commands to test. In general for the Madness Engine, if the game would run at less than 60 fps it slows down the simulation time to run with at least 60 fps. As a result your lap times increase proportionally and strange things can start happening with the physics.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. FADOQ

FADOQ Active Member

Really ???!!!!