1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frustrating stuttering

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by enzocarbone, Jun 5, 2020.

1. enzocarbone

enzocarbone New Member AMS2 Club Member

I suffer of stuttering, It begin in a minute after whatever the session has been started.
    My pc has an I7-8700K with a SLI of 1080ti at resolution of 3440 x 1440 on a G-sync monitor at 84 fps with v-sync on. It is very boring and distrupt all the experience. I tried to disable the v-sync, lower the image quality, a lot of different graphic setting unsuccesfully. Tried also to disable the g-sync or the SLI but noway to solve the issue.
    Does anyone has the same problem?

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Rafa Fleury

Rafa Fleury Member AMS2 Club Member

Notice the same on the last update. FPS went down but the stuttering was the worse. Changed a bunch of settings both in game as well as nvidia surround (decreased to 120Mhz as opposed to 144) and now is a bit better. still can be seen but not driving me crazy.

As per signature below: i9 9900K, GTX2080, 32RAM, SSD. Triple 1440p

3. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I do suffer from stuttering as well... exact same thing issue I had with PC2. I have 3 sounds cards to drive buttkickers, running SimXperience, perhaps that's the issue. No SLI. RTX 2080Ti.

The stuttering seems to kick in when hitting a cone or other objects...

4. enzocarbone

enzocarbone New Member AMS2 Club Member

Upgraded to v1 stutters continue. I hoped unsuccesfully that it ends with final version. It is unplayable for me Tried also to update the video drivers to the latest version with no positive results.
    Any suggestion is well accepted.

5. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe try to reboot your PC. Had unusual micro-stutters after PC had been wake up from sleep and a reboot fixed it.

6. VFX Pro

Try to disable G-Sync/V-sync in the game... and see if that positively impact the issue.

7. vortex

vortex Member

Have you tried it without SLI?

8. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Advanced Casual Sim Driver AMS2 Club Member

I have these stutters as well, even with lowest graphics settings and in replay mode (so it can't be anything AI or FFB related), but it happens only on some specific tracks at some specific places, for example the final corner on Oulton Park (worst stutter point for me). Never found out what it was, even have a completely new pc and it still happens.

But i'm not sure it's the same issue/same kind of stutter. For me it feels like the game is skipping one or two frames and just jumps a little bit ahead.

A while ago i made a list where these stutters happen, newer tracks are not included due to lack of time to test:

Tracks i've tested so far with stutters on track:
    - Imola, all three versions (Rivazza/corners 14 and 15)
    - Londrina Long (Area around Estádio)
    - Londrina Short (Caixa D'Água)
    - Oulton Park, all versions (Druids corner and Lodge corner)
    - Ortona, all versions (no stutter on track, but when leaving pitlane near exit before turning left)
    - Santa Cruz do Sul (through turn 1)
    - Interlagos, modern (tiny stutter at Bico de Pato exit)
    - Interlagos 1976 (single stutter through Laranja)
    - Jerez (Turn 1/Expo 92)
    - Cascavel (exit of Curva Cinco, another one half way through Curva Seis)
    - Curitiba/Curitiba Oval (always between Esse de Baixa T2 and T3, sometimes through Pinheirinho T8 and Vitória T11)
    - Montreal, modern (towards second chicane (turn 8/9))
    - Montreal, historic (through hairpin L'Epingle)
    - Velo Citta, both versions (between Curva do Guiga and Curva 10, a bit random)
    - VIR, all except Patriot Course (T4a, towards the white building)

Perfectly smooth tracks without any stutter:
    - Jacarepagua
    - Adelaide, modern and historic
    - Spielberg GP, modern
    - Azure Circuit
    - Kansai, all versions (couldn't test Kansai West because invisible wall)
    - Kyalami historic
    - Brands Hatch GP and Indy
    - Cadwell Park
    - Campo Grande
    - Curvelo, both versions
    - Donington Park, both versions
    - Goiania, all versions
    - Ibarra
    - Velopark
    - Londrina Kart, both versions
    - Guapore, both versions
    - Snetterton 300
    - Spielberg, all versions
    - Taruma

btw. these stutters happen in PC2 on some tracks as well, so it might be something engine related.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. VFX Pro

@neowulf, do you also experience stuttering when hitting a cone or "stick"? I do.... Also, sometimes the stuttering is so intense where the gap of time is significant, that the time where the game freezes and recover, I crashed into the wall without any of my input... :( That's the only thing that is frustrating with the wonderful simulator. I had the same stuttering in PC2. I'm using SimVibe, perhaps there is something to it...? Are you using any buttkicker software?

10. Neawoulf

Neawoulf Advanced Casual Sim Driver AMS2 Club Member

Never paid attention to the cones to be honest, but i'll test hitting some of them this evening. Not using any simvibe or buttkicker software. Just the game and drivers for Fanatec and Oculus (stutters happen without VR and when driving with my Xbox pad as well, so neither of those should be causing it).

*edit*

Tested a bit now on Jerez, Spielberg and one of the kart tracks. Looks like i don't get any slowdowns or stutters when hitting cones, drs signs or other physics objects on the track. Just those stutters mentioned at specific places (usually corners when the car is rotating) on some specific tracks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you guys updated your graphics drivers to the latest version? I remember getting microstutters with many games 2 or 3 driver versions ago with the Nvidia software.

12. VFX Pro

I always keep mind up-to date... and the same issue happened in PC2 years ago when I was using it. I think it's something with the engine, highly frustrating...

• Like Like x 1
  13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it occuring with static weather or everytime?
    I only sometimes get slightly decreasing FPS without output/input lag when weather changes rapidly, but no stutters. This is indeed strange...

14. BB36

BB36 New Member AMS2 Club Member

I experience AMS2 stuttering when switching in and out of the game in Windows 10.

I run triple screen @ 144hz with Nvidia Surround and a 4th screen @ 60hz for telemetry. If I click into the 4th monitor for any reason (e.g. adjust the 3rd party telemetry software), when clicking back into AMS2, the game stutters and the frame rate suffers, even with G-Sync on.

If I click back into the 4th monitor and then click back into AMS2, the game's stutter disappears and frame rate reverts back to normal.

This acts like a toggle (i.e enter 4th monitor and AMS2 stutters, re-enter 4th monitor and AMS stops stuttering, rinse and repeat,...).

I don't experience similar issues with any other sim racing software, other than AMS1, which exhibited different symptoms under similar scenarios.

I'm currently running the latest version of Nvidia drivers.

15. VFX Pro

ahah!!! I do switch in and out of the game often (alt-tab). Let me try not to do it to see if it addresses it.

16. VFX Pro

No issues at all since I'm not using alt-tab. Except stuttering online on high ping server :(
    This is where iRacing shines...netcode.