1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel calculation off

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by lawgicau, Aug 2, 2020.

1. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just had to exit a 30 minute P3 race at Bathurst due to running out of fuel.

Lap times were just under 2:10, so 130 seconds. Race time is 30 x 60 = 1800 seconds.

Therefore expected laps should be 13.8.

I calculated this pre-race and fueled for 15 laps according to the UI but ran out on lap 7, about half way through what was expected. It was a cracking race too between me and the next guy, such a shame. This has happened a few times before, especially at Bathurst in various cars.

Do other people experience this and what are work arounds? I figure I can use a 3rd party app to see the actual fuel usage per lap and disregard the in game prediction.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

It happened to me as well. I can’t remember which car/track combo it was but since then I always add fuel for 3 more laps than advertised in the UI.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I had the same problem on multiple tracks and cars. I also used an app to calculate fuel :-(
    I switched from rich fuel to lean and could end the race well.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Pete Baldwin

Pete Baldwin Member

I've had it at Bathurst. I generally ignore the calculations the game gives you and see how much fuel I get through over a full quali lap with rich fuel settings. As Wilfred said, it you drop it to lean, the fuel goal a long further but you lose quite a bit of time compared to having more fuel and running in rich.

• Like Like x 2
  5. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The fuel consumption must be calculated by the game, It needs enough clean laps in practice (not sure if just qualifying will do the same)
    If you start a race-weekend with on a "new combination" and check the estimated fuel consumption, you will see, if you checked again after a couple of clean practice-laps, the game adjust the prediction.
    The more laps, the more accurate.
    No "offs" so far.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That makes sense. 8n my case it was a fairly long practice session before the race so I would hope it would be more accurate than 50%.