1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

future plans? Ranked servers?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Ashaz, May 4, 2020.

1. Ashaz

Ashaz Member

Has there been any info on the future plans for the game?
    I would realy love to see a more fleshed out online ranked servers system in anything other than iracing.
    you know, with matched splits, progression through tiers with different cars etc.

Especially with all the attention iracings flaws are getting right now, the timing couldn't be better.

2. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

This is difficult I think unless there is a certain continuous income (to maintain infrustructure). So either a lot of DLC or subscription. I honestly wouldnt mind paying for a complex online system similar to iRacing but I know a lot of people would.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Yep, and this is exactly the reason most sims don't go down this route. I know there are plenty of people out there that are ok with paying subs to play their games, but I'm certainly not one of them. I wouldn't want to see AMS go the iRacing route.

• Like Like x 2
  4. José Santos

José Santos New Member

Reiza has promised us a rating system for multiplayer so I'm hoping for some good online leagues and ranks

5. Craig Cottam

Craig Cottam New Member

What if the online league with subs was optional? AMS2 Vanilla for for the casual player and AMS2 + sub for organised online leagues etc. Just an idea.

6. Angelo

Angelo New Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope they will improve the Netcod a lot, so that there is more precision in the movements of the cars and in the collisions.

In the TV camera, the movement is very square

It is obvious that Iracing is a team to be overcome.
    But it doesn't have to be better than him, just getting as close as possible.

7. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Well, if Nord comes, hopefully. It can takes AC Nord lobbies for sure. Then MP will be filled and it can contest versus rF2 open and closed races. iRacing never gonna be beatable. It's too big

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  8. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope the sea of Nord Tourist servers stay on AC myself. They are so prevalent games should have a filter to filter them out of the MP list :D (guess that's no bad thing for Reiza but it makes searching for other servers more annoying.)