G29 1.5 years later....

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by I Drive Demons, Mar 9, 2021.

1. I Drive Demons

I Drive Demons Member

I have a G29, I also have AMS 2. I love AMS 2 so much so I saw the videos on the recently release Gran Prix Evolution mod for AMS 1. So I looked at the price for AMS Ultimate and it was only 20 bucks. Score! I thought.

Until I booted up the game. I can't seem to get rid of this muddy FFB. But so many YouTubers are proclaiming that this game has great FFB and these cars feel amazing. So I thought "Well maybe it's the modded car that's the problem". So I tried a Super V8 from the vanilla game. No go. Still forced center spring (with center spring disabled in G-Hub).

Looking through the forums I am seeing people not use G-Hub but Logitech Gaming Software. Has this helped?

Are there any FFB setup videos on Youtube or the like? I tried but only got AMS 2 set up videos.

The CART Extreme and Grand Prix Evo mods I actually looked forward to somewhat. As well as the custom championships. So, even though I got AMS 2, which is objectively supior. I would still like to get the older game working. I even tried disabling "Look for Direct InputX" devices. No dice.

Is there something in an INI setting I am missing.

The default setup is -100% FFB, I tried ramping over 0% but still get forced center spring. Which again takes out a lot of details. Also, I have my settings set to 180hz, I do not know if that matters.

I might try getting out my old Fanatec CSR wheel (the one for the Xbox 360 intended for Forza Motorsport 4).

I tried searching the forum for answers but all I got is "I have that problem too". I'm glad I am not the only one, but some form of settings or anything I am missing that can guide me would be very helpful.

If need be I will create a trace file. I am currently on my work laptop.

UPDATE: It appears installing Logitech Gaming software fixed some of my issues. The wheel doesn't center spring anymroe (yay!). But the FFB is still pretty stiff compared to AMS 2 and kind of "muddy".

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
  2. I Drive Demons

I Drive Demons Member

Here is my trace file:

Attached Files:

3. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Aside from centering spring issue, what other problem you have?

4. I Drive Demons

I Drive Demons Member

The FFB can get excessively heavy. However, I don't know if that is intentional or not I have played around with the FFB slider in the menu but if I set the FFB strength too high in one way the wheel has this weird balancing issue at center and becomes hard to control.

5. Domagoj Lovric

Is that what you get with this mod or all cars? We cannot speak about any mod ffb.
    G29 you should use Low force boost, for G2x wheels it is advised to set it to around 60. Then lower gain if it's too much.

6. I Drive Demons

I Drive Demons Member

No it is accross the board. I will try that though thanks for the help!

7. Raf Nix

Raf Nix New Member

Can't this "muddy" n "boaty" feel be the natural ffb of AMS2?
    For me also AMS2 has the most mediate n floaty feel of all Games from N2K3 till KartKraft. Guess they exaggerated the PC2 ffb and jumped way to far. The G29 consists of a crispy clear immediate responding technique.
    Maybe try to lower LFB to a point where it doesn't shake n rattle when hands off while on a straight section.

8. Domagoj Lovric

Think @I Drive Demons refers to AMS1.

9. Raf Nix

Raf Nix New Member

You're right Mate, sorry guys

10. I Drive Demons

I Drive Demons Member

I am referring to AMS 1. There is a separate thread for AMS 2 tech support. But it's all good. I LOVE THE FFB of AMS 2.