Game crash to desktop after pressing Esc button

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Vinny Burke, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Vinny Burke

Vinny Burke New Member

Title says it all really. Game keeps crashing to desktop when I press Esc to go to setting page. Happens every time. Never had this issue before today's most recent update. Verified game files and even did a full reinstall but same thing happens unfortunately. Using fanatec podium DD2, gigabyte x570, ryzen 2600x, rtx 2080ti, 16gb of corsair vengeance ram. Can't play this game at the moment.

2. Vinny Burke

Vinny Burke New Member

Rolling back to version 1.5.25 solves the Esc button issue but my LCD mode button no longer works properly on either version, cant check tires temps, adjust pitstops, etc. Very frustrating atm. This is my favourite game but these recent updates have made it unplayable atm. Hopefully someone can sort things out. Again using the Fanatec podium DD2. Everything fine before these 2 recent updates

3. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Pls post trace file.

4. Vinny Burke

Vinny Burke New Member

How do I go about posting trace file, never done it before. Thanks

5. Domagoj Lovric

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vinny Burke

Vinny Burke New Member

Still having the same problem, I've attacted the trace file below. Many thanks

Attached Files:

7. Vinny Burke

Vinny Burke New Member

Seems to happen on any track or car combo. Can't even find an alternative exit button to use in the mean time. Hope you can find a fix. All my drivers are updated, brand new motherboard, New GPU, windows upto date. Just cannot play this game due to this current bug. Seems like others have similair issues looking at Steam discussion.

8. Greg Nangle

Greg Nangle New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi.
    Having the exact same problem here. Have narrowed it down to a sound issue but I'm stuck with what to do.
    AMS has worked for me for ages, now it crashes when I hit ESC to go to pits etc.
    Funny thing I've found is, it works if I enter the car without having started the engine. However, once the engine has been started, even if it is then killed, the game crashes when I hit ESC. Very weird!
    Vinny Burke - can you try the same thing please?

9. Domagoj Lovric

Guys, pls check above. Post trace files :)

10. Vinny Burke

Vinny Burke New Member

Hi Greg Nangle, Yes i did what you said. When car is in garage before you start the engine you can use Esc button fine, no crash. When you start engine in pits and then press Esc the game crashes to desktop. I've included the trace file below.

Attached Files:

11. Vinny Burke

Vinny Burke New Member

Found the problem. Its the new fanatec settings options on the controller page. If you deselect all options and click done the game no longer crashes to desktop. So untick Wheel Rumble, Brake Rumble, Accel Rumble and Animate limiter and click ok. This also doesn't affect the feel off the wheel, you still get all the normal FFB effects.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Tony Binelli

Tony Binelli Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yep , my mate just had the exact same issue with the latest version, for him he unticked Wheel Rumble and it fixed it. he spent hours trying to find the issue, he should have looked here:(
    Fanatec 2.5 base i believe

13. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

I will report what some guys wrote on our Discord, I don't know their names here on forum so I can't tag them but I think their posts can be helpful:

"Yeah I had this problem last week with my Fanatec wheel. Reinstalling and updating the Fanatec bios has resolved the issue."

"If you don't own a fanatec wheel, go into controls, map the "toggle fanatec lcd" button, go in game join the track and press the fanatec lcd toggle button. Issue should be fixed after this"

"Disabling Xinput device check in controller settings might help."

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1