Game Crashes Following Update When Hosting

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Loose89, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Loose89

Loose89 New Member

Hi there, after being able to set up and host multiplayer sessions I had created a separate AMS folders so I would be able to join the dedicated servers I hosted without the game crashing constantly (because when I ran the .EXE from the same folder the game would constantly crash) but since this mornings update regardless of which .EXE and which folder it is in (no i don't run the exe from steam, so do not ask) the game now crashes constantly like it had previously.

Would anyone be able to assist in fixing this issue? I would like to be able to host practice sessions for our league races and actually be able to practice myself.

2. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I have run the game and dedi from the same directory and with a separate dedi install just this week with this release and double checked again now on the back of this post and both work as expected here.

If you don't already, you should be sure to use different profiles for the server and the game client itself. This will remove any possibility of issues related to both exes attempting to write to the same files at the same time. You can create the second profile in the game ui or by copying your existing one and renaming the directory and the .plr inside it.

If your second install is only for hosting multiplayer rooms we have a separate server only install which will have the bonus of ruling out any potential conflicts of steams side as it presents as a different app id as well as save 10Gb+ of disk space as it has things such as sounds which are no use on the server side stripped out. Full details are available here.

If you still have issues at that point the next thing to try would be to validate the installs with the steam client or steamcmd as appropriate and try again with two completely new profiles.