Game crashes if I try to record it.

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by TheReaper GT, Nov 25, 2016.

1. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Member

Hello,

I had this problem before, where if I record Automobilista with shadowplay the video skips frames all the time, really annoying. Than I found this app called Mirillis Action and it solved the problem for me. Since the last 2 updates, I can't record with it anymore. The game crashes to desktop as soon as the track loading bar is complete. It only happens if Action is running, and their support was unable to duplicate the issue. The app still works fine with my other games. Other recording apps still working with AMS but all of them skip frames left and right. I really need to use Action!
    Any help?

2. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

Which settings do you use for Shadowplay?
    I recorded a couple of replays a few days ago with Shadowplay and they worked fine. My Shadowplay settings: use in-game resolution (1080p), 60fps, bitrate = 15Mbps.

3. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Member

Same settings here... I tried almos every possible bitrate and got the same results...

4. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I use OBS Studio for recording and streaming.
    It crashes the game as well if i start OBS first.

So to make it work i need to start the game, load car/track and go to track.
    After that ALT+TAB and open OBS and it will work!

I´ve seen in some forums reporting that this is usually caused by a monitoring tool (MSI Afterburner for example).

5. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Member

Hey Erick, how are you? Thanks for your post... Something really strange happened here in that regard.. I really don't like OBS, but since Action (which is my favorite recording app) wasn't working, I decided to give OBS a go again. OBS worked, as it always have, no problem, but as said before, I don't like it, so I tried Action again, and it worked. I removed OBS from my system, tried Action again, game crashes as soon as the loading ends. Reinstall OBS, tried Action again, it works. This leads to the conclusion that a component or components from OBS is necessary to Action to work with Reiza titles. Action is now working and all I have to do is have OBS installed, no need to run it even once. Thanks to all for your opinions on the matter and have a wonderful 2017.

6. mkel1966

mkel1966 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

hi..I just bought Mirillis Action too just last week since OBS doesn't work for me anymore.. I had the same problem as you and sent a message to them. They said they will try to address the issue. What I do right now is open the software after the loading bar of AMS is finished, but mostly before starting the race. Worked so far.

7. TheReaper GT

TheReaper GT Member

To me just having OBS installed fixed all my problems with action and Automobilista. Let me be clear, I don't use OBS, I find it awful, but having it installed in my system somehow makes action work with AMS. Go figure.