1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game crashes to desktop

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by George5775, Dec 15, 2020.

1. George5775

George5775 New Member

Hello. Since the last update when I try to run a race or do a test session the game will crash to the desktop. I get a message that says

2. George5775

George5775 New Member

forget last post. the message is CRC error loading file
    D:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\Automobilista2\pakfiles\adelaide_historic.bff'
    please check game installation and drive health and try again
    I get this message when trying any track.

3. Stevejack

Stevejack Member AMS2 Club Member

For months now I've had the same problem when trying to load Adelaide Historic. I've verified game files, deleted my docs folder, still no luck.

I tried again last night, and the message I got was:

"CRC error loading file:

D:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\automobilista2\pakfiles\tracks\adelaide[group].bff

Please check game installation and drive health and try again. "

This issue has been present through many updates for me - each release I hope it is fixed because it was my most raced track in AMS1.

4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Please try to verify this before you follow this - but I think I have seen that if you really want Steam to verify (and reinstall files) then you have to delete the 2x AMS2 exe files - before asking Steam to verify files.

• Informative Informative x 1