Game crashes when exporting a replay

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by New Retro Guy, Feb 4, 2020.

1. New Retro Guy

New Retro Guy New Member

Hello, so, I have a problem with the replay exportation system. When I try to export a longer replay (a race for example which is 20 minutes long and 20MB in size), when exporting the audio (which is the first part of the exportation process, the second one is the video itself) the progress bar reaches half point and then the game crashes. Is there any fix to this? I tried lowering the FPS limit from 120 to 60 but that did not solve the problem. Any kind of help would be great. Thanks in advance!

2. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

The replay export system has never been reliable, unfortunately. The solution is to perform a screen capture with third party software while playing the replay.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed. @New Retro Guy If you have an Nvidia graphics card, Nvidia's Shadowplay makes it easy to record gameplay. Or use free OBS software.

• Like Like x 1
  4. New Retro Guy

New Retro Guy New Member

@Heitor Facuri Cicoti and @Scraper, thanks for the suggestions! I have tried using a game recording software (both Bandicam and OBS) and it seems that when recording, the game doesn't lag but when I open the recorded video, there are like 2 frames per second. Also, I can't use Shadowplay cause my graphics card is a bit outdated. That's why I wanted to export replays using the ingame system. Strange enough, I have a couple of replays exported from the game but all were less than 5MB in size. Thanks again for the suggestions.

5. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

I used to have the same hardware difficulties. I ended up filming my TV screen. :(

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1