1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game crashing after a few minutes

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by blueferrari, Jun 16, 2021.

1. blueferrari

blueferrari Member

Hi All,
    I know we are having issues with Championship mode, but since the last update my game is crashing even with older cars and tracks, no matter what. Is everyone have these issues at the moment?

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey, could you please provide some detail about which mode, car/track combo, MP/SP, and which kind of crash (CTD or freezing, sound freezes, black screen, Bugsplat message etc.) it is?

Maybe also your PC specs would be nice to know.

Also special details, any oddities and details, that seem special to you, everything might be helpful.^^

Thanks in advance, mate!

3. DavidGossett

DavidGossett Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, I've had quite a few crashes on multiplayer sessions and on time trials. Mostly the new USA dlc tracks, but also with some of the older ones as well.

Specs: RTX 2080, i7 9700k, VR with Oculus Rift CV1

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. blueferrari

blueferrari Member

Hi, no problem.
    I'm only using Single Player or Championship, but today I tried using the new BMW GTE. The track I used today was Londrina with both the new BMW GTE and I also tried with the McLaren GT3. Both times the sound died and immediately the screen went blank and back to my SimHub home page. I use SimHub most of the time to load my games to use my Bass Shaker, so that's how I log into my sims. I tried a few times and it crashed again.

Two days ago I tried to use Championship mode and when I tried to set number of opponents, race weather and race distance, it wouldn't save. I set real weather - current date/time and the grass was either black or snow. I also tried in summer months and still snow and black grass. This mainly happened on Daytona & Laguna Seca.

My specs:
    CPU: i7 9700K
    GPU: 2080ti
    PSU: 750w
    16 GB RAM

Hope this helps and if you need more details, please let me know.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. blueferrari

blueferrari Member

Yeah, you seem to have the similar specs as me too. (2080ti, i7 9700k) Works great with the AMS2 graphics hey?

6. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

I had a freeze on a Daytona mixed class server last night when I escaped back to the pits (the UI was unresponsive, so had to use Task Manager to kill the game). I had another problem at a Long Beach GTE server last night when I did one qualifying lap and it put me back to the pits without me asking, and all I had was a Continue button that didn't do anything (I waited for nearly ten minutes, but resorted to Task Manager again).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Glyn Goold

Glyn Goold Member AMS2 Club Member

I've done some single player and championship races with various cars and tracks, and at the end of the race when the finishing position screen is displayed the sim locks and I have to reboot to get out of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1