Game freeze after ending session

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Fanapryde, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Member

Something new happens since a week (or less).
    After finishing a session (offline race/practice) and leaving the track for the menu, the game freezes. No menu music and nothing I can do for about 15 seconds. Then the music returns and I can continue... :rolleyes:
    Also the very short freezes while driving (less or about a second) are back.
    I checked file integrity, it needed 575 missing files (??), but after that nothing has changed and the problem is not solved.
    Any ideas please ?

2. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It sounds like the replay saving causing issues for some reason. Try disabling replay saving to verify?

3. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Member

Thanks for the tip. It did not help though... the waiting time is still there (and the same length).
    I even deleted all my replays, just in case...

4. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm experiencing the same thing, the main menu is completely unresponsive for 10+ seconds after leaving any racing session.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Alex Sawczuk

How many opponents do you have when this happens?

6. jose46lopez

jose46lopez Active Member

Happens since the last update. Online and offline sesions. Is similar to the waiting time when changing series.

7. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Member

It happens in Private practice too.
    But something changed after I disabled replays: now I can't even go directly to the menu after finishing a session. I have to wait for about 10" and then I can go to the menu and start something else...
    While changing series there is a waiting time too, but the background music is audible. In this case it is mute.

8. Alex Sawczuk

Do you have any mods installed? How long does the session need to be? Can you give me clear absolute steps to try and reproduce basically.

9. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Member

Several mods (cars, tracks and liveries) installed. Tracks from Patrick Giranthon and Neel Jani e.g.
    But lately I only used originals when it happened.
    Mostly Test day, choose a car, choose a track, go driving for 10 laps or so, quit session to take another combination and then it 'hangs' for a while. Not responding to any input from wheel or keyboard or button box. After the 'waiting time' the music is back and also the possibility to start again...
    At first I could still go back to menu (where I had to wait), but as of today (after disabling replays) I can't even do that. Quit session and wait until I'm allowed to go back to the menu.

BTW, wonder what all the 'missing files' after doing the Steam integrity check were ? AFAIK I did not remove anything at all, certainly not the last months, and until a week or so ago, all was working well (except the occasional short freeze while driving, which I managed to 'fix' by disabling Superfetch in Windows 10Pro)...tip on the forum here that worked well. But for some reason the micro freezes while driving are back... o_O

10. Alex Sawczuk

Can you give me a car and track you had it happen with to test with?

11. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Member

Lets see... IIRC (have no replays), last combinations were:
    Caterham 270R and 360R at Poznan (Neel Jani track mod)
    F_Trainer at Adelaide & Brands
    MCR2000 at Rockingham (NJ) and Brasilia...

Edit, after this post I took the F_trainer to Guaporé: same thing happens. After 5 laps I hit ESC and I can see standings (16 cars on track), but only after some 10 seconds the music starts and I can go back to the menu.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  12. Alex Sawczuk

Hi, could you possibly upload and PM me your PLR file?

Thanks, I tried here and cant reproduce right now.

13. Alex Sawczuk

I tried his PLR file and I got maybe a micro freeze of like 0.5 seconds when pressing exit. But nothing major.

Could you try creating a new PLR file and see if you still get the issue just to clarify it's not PLR related?

Also if you could let me know what other applications you have running, what about Anti Virus? Do you have an exception set for the AMS folder or not?

14. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Member

New file on its way, and added an issue with TC :D

Edit: tried with AntiVirus totally disabled: no change...

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  15. Alex Sawczuk

If it happens with default profile then it just shows it's not profile related. At least not an obvious setting anyway.

What other applications do you have running whilst playing?

16. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Member

None that I know... When racing I use RS Dash for AMS, but I did not use it lately.
    Sweet FX is on Natural vivid. Tried disabling this too yesterday, but no change.
    In fact, I did not change any settings before the issue started.

Edit: and I use DynHUD

17. Alex Sawczuk

Try removing d3d9.dll out of your game folder - this will completely remove dynhud & sweetfx, let me know if that helps at all.

18. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Member

No change at all (apart from losing DynHUD... )

----------
    Edit:
    After replacing the d3d9.dll and enabling replays (30") again, there is a change in scenario.
    When I leave the track, I can now immediately go back to the menu page, but that freezes for a while (like it was when I first reported).

19. Alex Sawczuk

Ok, I have a hunch as to what might be causing this actually. What devices to you have connected to the PC? How many controllers, and any other external peripherals?

If it's what I think it is, then there's nothing you can do about it really until we can fix it.

20. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

On my system the problem seems to be related to replays. If I have replay recording enabled, then after a race is finished and I return to the main menu (by hitting "X" next to "Race"), there's a long pause during which the interface is unresponsive. There's no disk activity though.

If I disable replay recording and have a race, then the long pause occurs after clicking the "X" button but before the main menu appears. After the main menu appears it's responsive as usual.