Game won't launch (Steam)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by PRoDriver, Jun 26, 2021.

1. PRoDriver

PRoDriver New Member

I bought the game a few days ago and after installing, clicked on play, yet it never launched. After a few reinstalls (game and Steam) it still didn't launch. When pressing the "play" button it pretends to launch for 3 seconds but then I can click on the "play" button again - meaning it didn't launch. Any help please?

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hey,
    are you using a Logitech Device with G-Hub?

Otherwise could you share your system specs?

3. PRoDriver

PRoDriver New Member

Hi,
    I use the Logitech driving force GT without G-Hub. Below are my specs: upload_2021-6-26_22-1-43.png

4. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

1.50ghz....
    Looks too low imo.

BTW general guidelines are:

If you have problems with Automobilista crashing or not starting, please follow the following steps:

1) Run a Steam Integrity Check (right-click AMS in your Steam Library -> Properties -> Local files -> Run Integrity Check

2) Delete d3d9.dll from your root AMS folder

3) Lower your Audio PostFX configuration in-game to LOW and disable in-game spotter

4) Try removing your Automobilista folder in My Docs, then re-run AMS Config & create a fresh player profile

5) Make sure no mods are interfering with the game functionality by doing a fresh install

6) Check if your antivirus program isnt interfering or blocking AMS from starting (Norton, Avira are known to cause some issues). Ensure you set an exception for your game folder

7) Run the game in Admin mode (right-click the shortcut and select "run as admin")

8) Disable DynHUD (from AMS Config app) and switch to new in-game hud from config tool

9) Some times some other software causes issues, such as Open Broadcasting Studio and MSI Afterburner. Ensure they are not running at all to see if they cause some issue.

Other useful tips:

10) If you are an Nvidia user and AA isn't working anymore you need NvidiaProfileInspector tool to set the AA Compatibility bits. In the past this was not needed, and the value could remain at the default 0x00000000. Now it needs one of several that end with 40, 41, or C1.

Final notes:

If you have already followed these steps and the game still crashes or does not start, best of luck!

5. PRoDriver

PRoDriver New Member

These unfortunately do not seem to work... I don't know if it is of any help, but when I try to run the AMS Config (from the Files, not Steam (doesn't respond as clicking play)), it says it cannot do it as "d3sx9_30.dll" is missing.

6. DaVeX

Hum not sure if works but you can try to install latest DX9....

7. PRoDriver

PRoDriver New Member

Can you provide a link for that please? Not sure what it is

8. DaVeX

Solved on Discord!
    For reference, it was lack of DX9 installed.

• Like Like x 1
  9. mangualdebeira

mangualdebeira New Member

Hi DaVeX, could you help me too?
    I've bought AMS 1 last week and I could launch the game yet, although I've followed all the instructions that Reiza published...
    My computer has all the minimum requisites.
    When I try to start the game, it appears a message like that: Automobilista stopped to work. But it didn't even enter the game...
    What can I do? I have Windows 7 SP1.
    Thanks a lot!

10. mangualdebeira

Hi DaVeX, could you help me? I wrote my problem directly in the topic...
    Thank you!!

11. DaVeX

Sorry mate for the late reply I missed the post.
    If you have problems with Automobilista crashing or not starting, please follow the following steps:

1) Run a Steam Integrity Check (right-click AMS in your Steam Library -> Properties -> Local files -> Run Integrity Check

2) Delete d3d9.dll from your root AMS folder

3) Lower your Audio PostFX configuration in-game to LOW and disable in-game spotter

4) Try removing your Automobilista folder in My Docs, then re-run AMS Config & create a fresh player profile

5) Make sure no mods are interfering with the game functionality by doing a fresh install

6) Check if your antivirus program isnt interfering or blocking AMS from starting (Norton, Avira are known to cause some issues). Ensure you set an exception for your game folder

7) Run the game in Admin mode (right-click the shortcut and select "run as admin")

8) Install DirectX9 (google is your friend)

9) Some times some other software causes issues, such as Open Broadcasting Studio and MSI Afterburner. Ensure they are not running at all to see if they cause some issue.

Other useful tips:

10) If you are an Nvidia user and AA isn't working anymore you need NvidiaProfileInspector tool to set the AA Compatibility bits. In the past this was not needed, and the value could remain at the default 0x00000000. Now it needs one of several that end with 40, 41, or C1.

Final notes:

If you have already followed these steps and the game still crashes or does not start, please let us know, maybe someone can help better than me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. mangualdebeira

Thank you!
    I'll try all these steps again and post here after the result.