1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H shifter and manual clutch vs paddles and autoclutch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Matej Lakota, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi.
    Maybe it has been answered yet, but Google didn t help me. I would like to know does Automobilista force paddle shifting with autoblip and auto clutch to be slower than manually shifting with manual clutch on manual/vintage vehicles for fairness on upcoming Reiza servers with online ranking system?
    Thanks.

2. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

There are weight penalties for driving aids. But, if I'm not mistaken, auto clutch does not give you penalty as not everybody has a clutch pedal. Autoblip may be penalised. And paddle shift over H-pattern makes no difference.

That said, you can still be as fast with both, it's just a matter of practice. I am, for example, faster and more confident with manual H-pattern on F-Vintages.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Matej Lakota

Matej Lakota New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the answer.

I mean like Assetto Corsa and iRacing both have set it and people can drive both games with or without clutch pedal. If you drive with auto clutch your shifting is a bit slower and there you get fairness compared to drivers with H shifters who drive with manual clutch and also doing heel/toe. So doesn t matter if you have clutch or not, if you have H shifter or you drive with steering wheel paddles, everyone has equal chances against other driver with more or less driving hardware.