1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with VR settings for Reverb G2 with 10700k/3090

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Juiced46, Oct 28, 2021.

1. Juiced46

Juiced46 New Member

I searched and did not find much info on VR settings unfortunately. I do see the thread about the FSR for OpenVR but have yet to try it. I am no stranger to dialing in VR in other titles and my PC is running other titles great in VR (iRacing, ACC etc) But for some reason I cannot get this game dialed in properly.

PC Specs are.
    10700k@5.1
    FTW3 3090 undervolted and OCd
    32GB 3600RAM
    2TB m2 SSD.
    Reverb G2

I have tried running Steam VR per APP at 50% and 100% with a mix of ingame settings from med-high with not so great results. I am running no SS in game, its at 1.0

On SteamVR 50% with 20 cars on grid @ Daytona Road day I am seeing a 9-10ms and it will bounce around 8-10ms once cars spread out with frame drops below 90fps and stutters. I cannot get it to lock 90FPS even @ 50% FPS VR shows only 7gb of Vram being used. (not sure if thats normal for this sim)

@100% SteamVR I am getting 12-13ms with severe stutters and FPS drops 70 or so. Vram stays at 7gb approx also here.(no GPU overheat stays @ 60*C and 80*C on Vram)

I have followed multiple Reddit posts and Youtube vids but all have vastly different settings on lower equipped GPUs.

Are you guys running motion reprojection with a setup like this still or is there a setting a may be missing to get this to lock to 90FPS with no drops? If there is a main VR setup thread that I missed? Searching "VR" came up with no results. I would appreciate a link or any tips on what I have overlooked. My NVCP settings are set accordingly as well (the same as I setup other sims that it works flawless with)

2. Johngrim64

Johngrim64 Member AMS2 Club Member

Iv nearly same system except im 3080 I run 70% resolution scale, shadows and reflections on low I turn off any reprojection.I get a locked 90fps in dry weather.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Juiced46

Juiced46 New Member

I havent tried shadows or reflections on low yet. I will give that a shot. Any idea what you are seeing for frame times with that settting?

4. Johngrim64

Johngrim64 Member AMS2 Club Member

Reflections and shadows are the fps killer in vr I turn them off or low in all sims .In raceroom its the only way to run vr .Iv not looked at frame times its silky smooth so never had any reason to look.

5. Juiced46

Juiced46 New Member

Thanks I will give it a shot today and see if it makes an improvement.

6. paddler

paddler Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe this is the right place to post. I just recently bought a G2 VR. Steam does tell me, that my AMS2 Beta is not a VR game and a message pops up. I can click it away and the game launches. But I can't integrate it into "cliff house". AMS2 standard is recocnized as a VR game. ??