1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with VR settings

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Nolive721, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Hello everyone,

might not be super popular thread but I am trying my luck.

I have decided to give VR a GO, and starting with AMS2. But I didn't want to spend significant money on a brand new VR headset or buy 2nd hand so I decided to buy one of these VR headset for mobile that I will run with a SAMSUNG S9 phone.
    Its pretty comfortable for what I have tested so far so I want to go ahead with more testing.

I see 2 software being popular with that kind of set-up, RIFTCAT and IVRY but was wondering if people have experience here to guide me on which one is the best as the free version has limitations and more importantly what settings (both In game and in these Software) would provide the best experience.

My PC is sort of mid range, Ryzen 3500X 6cores CPU OCed, AMD 6600XT OCed and 16Gb DDR4 RAM at 3466Mhz

thanks a lot!

2. tank2

tank2 New Member

A phone VR is not a good representation of the VR that you would experience with a headset hooked directly to a graphics card. I've had both. Buying a VR headset, like the Reverb 2 or the Index are investments. And damn good ones too. I can never to back to pancake racing. I bought a Samsung Odyssey plus headset gently used for $200 to make sure that I liked it. Now I'm going to spring for a Valve Index. The wife can have the Samsung for her workouts.