How can i do to change the vision angle inside the car?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Nikola Tesla, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Nikola Tesla

Nikola Tesla New Member

Hi everyone.. i bought Automobilista 2 days ago and i tried to change the vision angle in the pilot view.. I checked several times the keyboard options but i didn't find it. .. i found, FOV, where to sit the pilot (front, back, left, right) .. but not the vision angle.

thank you all!!

2. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm not sure I'm getting this right but my guess is that you want to adjust the pitch. If, that's is set in the .cam file for the vehicle and nothing you can change on the fly in game.

3. Robert Bachmayer

Robert Bachmayer Member AMS2 Club Member

A real shame this has never been implemented in a simple pitch up/down keyboard shortcut, along with greater car seat movement for and aft. From memory there was a beta car seat movement increase which doubled the range but looks like the old limits are back again. Regarding cam pitch adjustments, it can be done but it's slow going to get it just right via editing. thanks

4. Pit

Pit New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm new with AMS (more than 2500 hours AC) and now happy with Automobilista due to the fantastic FFB, native triples support, 3DVISION...but unfortunately without a similar tool like in rFactor2 or in AC to adjust the angle of the screens.

5. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

iirc the extra movement is only available with the 'driver arms off' cockpit option. If you're running with arms on that could be why.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Supa

Supa Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If you're just trying to get rid of the annoying downward facing view in the cockpit and want to get the view more horizontal then there's the cam file you can zero if its not already...

In each cars' folder (in gamedata/vehicles) is located .cam file. Open it with text editor (for example notepad) and find the column "LocalCam=COCKPIT" and edit the line "OrientationOffset=(0.00000, 0.000000, 0.000000). The first value is to pitch the camera upwards (positive values) and downwards (negative values).

• Informative Informative x 1