How do I completely reset controller?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Bill Thayer, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Bill Thayer

Bill Thayer New Member AMS2 Club Member

How do I completely remove and start over with all my controller settings?
    I have deleted all my user data files and verified the game files a few times but the controller does not start fresh. There are some old settings left in there and I need to start over.
    Any ideas why I can't get rid of everything and start over? Perhaps there are files hiding somewhere in the registry? Please can anyone at Reiza help with this?

2. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

If you don't set AMS to run as admin, it will save your profile and settings in the Documents folder. If you do, it will save in the game root folder, which means steam folder. So, check those two locations.

3. Bill Thayer

I have found files in both places and I have deleted user data from both places and upon verifying the game files so replace the default user data files, when I restart the game and add a new profile my old flawed controller settings are still there. and they are not editable. I can not change anything.
    I need to re calibrate from scratch. As it is I can not get it out of third gear and I can't reset the control's to default. does anyone know what files i should delete besides user data?????
    I have asked this question over at the Reiza Forums hoping Someone from Reiza could help me but no response from Reiza.

4. Bill Thayer

Can someone from Reiza Please help me...PLEASE

5. Bill Thayer

Could someone from Reiza tell me where the game files reside in the registry?

6. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

It seems you have a button that is always pressed. Check your controller drivers.

@Renato Simioni

7. Bill Thayer

I not sure what you mean. A few years ago my computer guy told me that I had a button on my keyboard that was sticking, I'm wondering if that could be the issue again? Perhaps time for another keyboard. Or do you mean a button on my Wheel?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  8. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

I meant a button on your wheel, but it could be on your keyboard as well. That's the only explanation I can think of regarding you not being able to edit the settings. What wheel do you have?

There's no settings stored in the registry, it's all on AMS or Documents folder.

9. Bill Thayer

I used the online keyboard checker and it seems my keyboard is fine. My wheel G27 seems fine as well. This is beyond my skills.
    SOLVED; I just discovered my problem, My G27 shifter was in a gear, and I don't use my shifter, I use the shifter paddles on the wheel. I moved the shifter into neutral and it;s good to go. Thanks for you thoughts, it's what triggered my thoughts to my shifter buttons.

From Heitor; It seems you have a button that is always pressed. Check your controller drivers.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 2