1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you set up a Championship with random weather without historic, Realtime etc

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by blueferrari, Jul 29, 2021.

1. blueferrari

blueferrari Member

It appears to me weather is now so complicated you can't just set random, as it always defaults to custom, Realtime or historic etc. As a result, tracks will have snow, water on each side of the track or every kind of weather at once. If Realtime doesn't exist it defaults to historic. It's very confusing now and is undrivable. I've gone back to Raceroom, as I just can't use Automobilista's Championship mode. I also can't set race length or pitstops.

2. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You can have random weather in the custom championships. The Reiza-made championships look like you can't change the weather in them, as far as I can tell at a quick glance.

It sounds like you've missed the "Weather slots" setting. Put that to 1 (or more) and you'll be able to set it to random weather in the "Weather forecast" setting.

The date also affects the environment. Snow on the track itself hasn't been implemented yet as far as I know, and Nords on one day in January apparently didn't have snow outside the track near the pits, but if you've seen some it's probably from the combination of track and date.

(Reminder that when you add a new championship round, it copies the session settings from the previous round.)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Actually you set weather slots below 1 as Real Weather is the first option

• Like Like x 1
  4. Troodon

Troodon Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I thought the goal was to *not* have Real/Historic Weather. Oh well, either way this should answer the original poster. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

I am a moron. Yes. Set more than 1 slot if you want variation but set each slot as random. xD

• Like Like x 1