1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to adjust AMS2 volume only while on track

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by SaxOhare, May 20, 2022.

1. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I wanted to have control over the volume of AMS2 compared to the rest of my system sounds

I managed to get it done by using autohotkey and nircmd.exe (NirCmd 64)
    I had to assign wheel-buttons, I couldn't get keyboard working once AMS2 has focus
    JoystickTest.ahk will reveal your buttons
    Make sure to adjust the paths in the following and save as .ahk script

Joy26::
    runwait, D:\Prime\Programs\nircmd-x64\nircmd.exe changeappvolume "D:\Games\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\AMS2AVX.exe" -0.1
    return
    Joy28::
    runwait, D:\Prime\Programs\nircmd-x64\nircmd.exe changeappvolume "D:\Games\steamapps\common\Automobilista 2\AMS2AVX.exe" 0.1
    return

NirCmd - Windows command line tool scroll down to bottom

• Like Like x 1
  2. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I adjusted the script a little, It now works for all window that has focus, so for every game
    And I added the option to start CrewChief incase I forgot and I am in a race

Joy26::
    runwait, D:\Prime\Programs\nircmd-x64\nircmd.exe changeappvolume focused -0.1
    return

Joy28::
    runwait, D:\Prime\Programs\nircmd-x64\nircmd.exe changeappvolume focused 0.1
    return

Jov27::
    runwait, D:\Prime\Programs\nircmd-x64\nircmd.exe exec hide "C:\Program Files (x86)\Britton IT Ltd\CrewChiefV4\CrewChiefV4.exe"