How to make my own Skins, PLEASE?!

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by MysticReverie, Apr 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. MysticReverie

MysticReverie Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi
    I was using another game 'Live for speed' It is quite easy to make my own custom skins for the cars.

But in Automobilista where do I need to go to make my own skins?

Please can you give me a mini guide?
    I would really appreciate it.
    I don't know what files to edit, what folders to create, etc.

Thanks

2. Thiago Izequiel

Thiago Izequiel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi!

It's quite easy as well, to paint your own cars at Automobilista. Of course, at first it can look a handful task, but once you do it, you will see that this is a basic process.

I'm attaching a readme file that details this for you. It's from GSCE 2013, but no worries, this works just fine for Automobilista, since it's the same structure.

You can find the psd files for Automobilista here:
    Automobilista - templates & viewers available here

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  3. Renan_MA

Renan_MA New Member

Thiago,

I'm trying to paint the headlights for the Mini cars and the Opala 1986 but isn't working, they just don't appear in the game despite being in the templates.

upload_2016-4-6_9-55-48.png

4. Thiago Izequiel

Renan, some parts you can't paint.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MysticReverie

Thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction.
    This game is fantastic and it's nice to see a helpful forum and community too.:hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 1
  6. MysticReverie

Is there a video tutorial anywhere?

Post edited: i had many question but have solved a few myself or by googling.

I'm still unsure how to:
    ''
    Open <YourName>.veh and replace whatever driver name is currently in the DefaultLivery="DriverName.DDS" line with <YourName>
    This defines the filenames, refer to the existing files for examples.''

Open how? Open in game?

Also, the car skin template I experimented was default blue. how to change the base colour?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  7. Thiago Izequiel

Open it with a notedpad, as you would open a normal .txt file. All you have to do is to edit it. :)
    There is normally a base colour as the bottom layer of all psds available. Just click on it twice and change to any color you wish.

There isn't any video tutorial done by us, but you can find related videos on Youtube.

8. MysticReverie

I managed to create a team folder and a basic car skin.
    I copied the helmet, driver and windows & windshield skins from another folder though for now and just changed the names.
    Do you know where I can get templates for those also?
    I also noticed a .tga file in all the other driver files. What is that?
    My file doesn't have one but the car still seems to load up ok in the game.

9. Thiago Izequiel

10. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

This is really confusing to me. Is there anyway to post a video tutorial to creating a custom skin? There are so many layers I have no idea which layer does what...

11. Vitor

Vitor Member AMS2 Club Member

This might help you:

12. Brett Nagle

Brett Nagle Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've watched that. I unfortunately do not have photoshop and the video doesn't really show you how you import the file so it displays in game properly.

The part I'm having the hardest problem with is understanding the different layers and how they display in gimp, but the coding part isn't that clear to me either.

13. Messj

Messj New Member

Olá! Eu crio skins tem um tempo já e adorei o simulador. Eu baixei uns MODS que acho que são além de interessantes fazem com que o jogo tenha maior tempo de vida e isso é positivo também (e espero que vocês pensem em um próximo game criarem mod Indy e Indy Lights com outro nome talvez Inter Formula e Inter Formula lights aí é com vocês e os circuitos Indys são demais também se possível acrescerem), mas voltando as skins eu costumo usar o paint.net e baixei o Photoshop com o plug pra dds, mas em mods como f-2008, f-2016 RSS mesmo salvando em dxt5 continuam a dar aqueles reflexos. Por exemplo no Mod Cart para funcionar eu tive que salvar em dxt, mas em psd para não dar reflexo no jogo. Alguém sabe como tirar esse brilho (reflexo) nas skins? Se puderem ajudar agradeço.

Hello! I create skins a while already and I loved the simulator. I downloaded some MODS that I think are interesting and make the game have a longer lifespan and that's good too (and I hope you guys think of a next game to create mod Indy and Indy Lights with another name maybe Inter Formula and Inter Formula lights there is with you and Indys circuits are too much too if possible), but by going back to the skins I usually use paint.net and I downloaded Photoshop with the plug for dds, but in mods like f-2008, f-2016 RSS same saving in dxt5 continue to give those reflections. For example in the Mod Cart to work I had to save in dxt, but in psd not to give reflex in the game. Does anyone know how to get that shine (reflection) on the skins? If you can help, thank you.