1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I drove a F4 car! (and for me AMS felt most similar of all the sims)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brent Mills, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Brent Mills

Brent Mills Member

• Like Like x 7
  2. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

yeah I did a similar thing in some test track up north. In my avatar is me ans the open wheeler I drove. I agree sims like ams and ac come closest for me. Actually ac does it better than people think. Rf2 believe or not feels like driving on wood tyres in comparison! had more confidence in real life than I do in rf2, grip is unrealistic in that Imo yes even with rubbered track and warm tyres. Thinks its deliberately made slippier to try simulate realism.

but yeah the sensation is unmatched in any sim regardless of wheel, rig or physics. Not to mention the discomfort of sitting in a small open wheeler.

3. Brent Mills

Brent Mills Member

Yah seriously, RF2 would have you believe you have a 50% chance of death on every turn! Although it does somewhat depend on the mod, URD EGT for example feels much more controllable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett Active Member AMS2 Club Member

@Brent Mills , that was me who suggested the post mate :) What AMS car do you feel comes closest to the F4 ?

5. Brent Mills

Brent Mills Member

that would have to be the F3, the formula vee is much slidier than what the F4 car felt like.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wayne Kerr

Wayne Kerr New Member AMS2 Club Member

if you drove that thing like you drove the F3 in AMS you'd probably shat yourself the first time going through paddock hill lol.
    i dare say unless the rig has a way to simulate G forces, no home rig can closely give you the feeling of driving an aero car when you're using the aero.

Pretty sure you had a blast. I remember the first time I drove a car with wings and slicks. It really makes you respect even the guys who are competing in the junior categories.

7. Spin

Spin Active Member

Awesome stuff man, just read it on...reddit :)