I my review (can't post it on Steam for some reason)

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Oskier, Apr 1, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Oskier

Oskier Member

RTX2070, Ryzen 5 2300x, 16gb RAM High settings stable 90fps in VR

So this sim feels amazing and to be honest I don't think I will ever go back to rf2 or iRacing(iRenting) after experiencing this masterpiece. I will do some drifting in AC just because of the many mods and servers I enjoy but that's all. Now some bad stuff but first let me say that FFB is the best of all sims available so is graphics (same as PC2 but colours are tuned so it looks more real) maps that were available in PC2 are not imported to this title, they are made by Reiza, even the small assets like buildings, tirewalls etc. So going to the bad stuff... oh and tire flex model and handling is just amazing!! (and so is VR experience and performance) ok, ok.
    I was not a huge fun of AMS 1 so you can be sure I am not a Reiza psycho fan, however I do remember FFB and loads of different content was there indeed (BRING THE SUPER TRUCKS!)
    (SO)
    - Some bits of UI is missing, for example: how much time is left for a session before we go on a server, chat is not available in the lobby or pits, you have to "be in the car" to start talking to other people on the server.
    - No damage model yet - just mechanical and in my opinion it should be much more hardcore, as this is a hardcore sim from hardcore simracers FOR hardcore simracers for gods sake. Oh and windshield in race cars does not shatter like this irl but that's to do with all other sim titles.
    - rev limiter sound is not there yet so without looking at the gauges it's hard to tell in certain cars.
    - Collisions with other cars are not perfect ( I crashed 3 players in 1 race (Sprint cars) by following them too close but visually I still had some gap between).
    - Spotter is not yet available so it feels a bit empty while racing because of that ( yes I did enable it in the settings ) but then in Beta 5 or 6 I did hear spotters in the game when watching other people on YT so it might be just me.
    - official MOD support would be great as this sim has potential for another 10 years and as a modder I am happy to invest my time in creating maps and cars for this title however I know it will make the servers look more empty (or players spread out on many servers you need content to join and that's what made rf2 dead for me even if it was a great sim).

Overall - this is a must have for a sim racing fan, however there is still some stuff to take care of by Reiza, and by looking at their speed in releasing new patches and updates I believe they will fix everything in no time.

• Like Like x 2
  2. eSTee3

eSTee3 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Very nice review and I agree with alot of it. Thanks for posting!