1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think Reiza should host and promote races

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by OmarC, Apr 11, 2020.

1. OmarC

OmarC New Member

Hello fellow simracers!

created an account just to post this.

I don’t know if Reiza is planning to host/promote their own races, but I really feel they should, especially in the first few months.

Getting in online races for me has been mainly miss, miss, miss, race with 3 other people, miss, miss.

People are hosting and disbanding servers after a few minutes, races don’t get started, it doesn’t feel good.

I am certain that if Reiza would host a few races every few minutes of a few classes, cycling through content or like iracing does, it would really be an advantage for the community so that they can at least get in a few races with 10 or so other people.

I understand you can get in a league or start races with people on the forum, but being able to hop in and race when you have a few minutes free would be really nice to be able to do, rather than going on the forums and organizing something.

Just my thoughts, curious to read what you guys think!

Omar

2. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

every owner of AMS2 can simply create MP sessions.
    You too.
    Where is the difference when Reiza starts 100 sessions or 100 users start single sessions.
    If nobody checks in, the sessions will be empty on both.

3. OmarC

OmarC New Member

If Reiza just starts 10 sessions you have a lot of people in a few “official” sessions which I think is better, then if they are filled and starting, open 10 new sessions, people who missed out can sign up for the new session.

There’s a reason why so many people play iracing.

There would consistently be open lobbies, and when Reiza hosts I think there would also be less latency issues?

Anyway, I was refreshing for a good 5 minutes today and only managed to get in 1 race with 1 other dude in it, as I was swapping livery the race started and I couldn’t join..

Also, do you know if it is possible to join a server that is in practice or qualifying? Or can you only join in lobby and wait? Bit of a silly thing I think.

4. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

in iRacing you'll have to pay a monthly fee.
    If Reiza would just start their own servers in Brazil, that would be maybe free, but everyone from rest of earth will have bad ping.
    If they'll setup servers all over the world, that would be expensive and we would have to pay for the service, like in iRacing, XBox Live, or PSN. No good business model for a small developer company.

5. OmarC

OmarC New Member

Hmm, I suppose you’re right about that.. thanks for the insight.