1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I would like to buy AMS2 but need help

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Copter, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Copter

Copter New Member

Hi racer,

Coming from RF2, AC, ACC I think to go to the dark side and taste AMS2
    I was waiting for the sales on steam but I had trouble understanding the contents, especially since in steam it doesn't bother them that we pay for the circuits individually and the season pass which is also in my basket.

... in short, if I understood correctly, the premium track pack contains the 4 circuits so no need to buy back (hock, silver, nurber, spa) and other circuits.
    => these other circuits are px already taken out? long beach?

In the season pass they say at least 2 circuits
    "At least two more Track DLCs in the same mold of the ones above (US $ 9.99 / € 8.99 each)"
    And in the premium track pack I see only one circuit !!!
    "A fifth Track Pack similar to those shown above, still to be determined (US $ 9.99 / € 8.99)"
    => I'm a little headed, what is it really, more reason to take the season pass or is that the offer has been reduced to 1 circuit ?!

If someone can enlighten me because I hesitate between this pack at 45E (26.99 + 18.49) or to take the 2020 - 2021 season pass directly to 81E
    => they mean it's the period from 2020 to 2021 and the content is already out?
    Or is it in the process of work until the end of 2021 with a risk of not fully succeeding and being a cash cow?
    I can't find any additional info on the content below, if someone can reassure me, is it worth 35E more?

I would like to believe that yes but I have trouble viewing the content correctly, if someone can tell me a little more before checking out it would be really great ;-)

Thank you

About this content:
    In addition, this Season Pass covers all expansion packs and other Car & Track packages to be released in the period 2020-2021 - these are currently confirmed packs, organized according to a certain theme, with cars, tracks or both, with base prices ranging from the United States. $ 9.99 to $ 19.99:

Brazilian Grand Prix Legends - Pack including several world championship cars won by Brazilian drivers
    Historical Track Pack - Pack containing historical variations of tracks found in the game
    Street Supercars - Pack of Supercars approved for the road
    Racin´ USA - Pack including several North American, modern and historic cars and circuits
    Adrenaline - Pack including several off-road cars and circuits and Extreme Motorsports

2. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    I can only tell you what I did. Money is tight for me due to pandemic.
    I bought the base game and the tracks seperatly. When things get better I'll consider the other options.
    I'm happy with my purchases.
    Good luck...you won't regret it.

I would buy the base and the tracks sep now they are on sale. I currently have everything that's currently available.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I just checked Steams AMS2 store.
    It looks like its only the new Spa track that is not rebated.

AMS2 Steam Store.png

4. Copter

Copter New Member

Thank you for your feedback, even if it doesn't help me too much lol
    it's always nice to share our information

season pass or premimum track pack that is the question ^^
    ...I still have 4 hours to decide and it's not easy...Arghh

upload_2021-1-5_14-21-8.png

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  5. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Track Pack & Base Game is probably best value atm but only because none of the other content mentioned in the Season Pass has been released yet and you'll get everything that's available now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Copter

Copter New Member

Thanks Gordie

Is spending 36 Euros in advance worthwhile, does the content seem really promising and worth investing? there will undoubtedly be specials and it would also come back at the same price later, I do not know what to think.
    (He says with base prices ranging from US $ 9.99 - US $ 19.99)

.... huuum

7. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

If the content currently mentioned in the Season Pass is of interest to you then I'd say yes, probably.

As you've said, there will be specials in the future and perhaps even another track pack for those not interested in the season pass cars etc.