1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Improved HUD using some simhub overlays

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Sergio Rafael Lemke, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Sergio Rafael Lemke

Sergio Rafael Lemke New Member

Hello, I just want to replicate a post here that I also made on racedepartment:

The default HUD's in AMS2 have enough info for regular racing, but via sharedmemory/UDP the game shares much more info, which can be used to create overlays. While the developers create more and more, I already parsed some of that shared data and created some overlays, mainly for myself as.. well, who don't likes to get more info about car/track :) - Also, I try to make them look based on the default AMS2 HUD, I'm just sharing it also to have it spread wider, the last update I did was version 0.6 and it looks like this:

Much more info about them and instructions on install and use you find here:
    AMS2 Overlays Pack

VR users, bad news, I think simhub overlays don't display. - I don't have one though.
    VR users, good news, as seen here in #comment2: "You can use SimHub overlays in Vr, you just pin them with steamvr, it works very well"

Last edited: Jan 29, 2021
  2. Andy

Andy Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You can use SimHub overlays in Vr, you just pin them with steamvr, it works very well

3. Sergio Rafael Lemke

Oh that's nice to know!
    Thanks for the info, seems I need to update some posts :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dale Ballweg

Dale Ballweg Member

Are there any overlays to be able to see a list of all your laps in the session you're in?

5. Sergio Rafael Lemke

I think the V2 laptimes shows the laps, but if you restart the session I think the lap count also resets to 0.

6. SlowAssDave

SlowAssDave CrazyCanuck (CASS) AMS2 Club Member

Do you know if it is possible to pin in OculusVR too?