1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

In Game and Dedicated Servers weather issues?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by SoulMaTriX, Jan 4, 2021.

1. SoulMaTriX

SoulMaTriX New Member

Issue #1: Weather
    - Regardless of setting weather as clear with no weather progression in both the dedicated server and the in game server creation, Practice and Qualify sessions had rain, but the race did not. Checked api and the numbers did not change.

Issue #2: Rolling start with AI
    - AI wrecks me before the rolling start even begins.

2. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

do you know, that weather has also to be set in P and Q sessions.

3. SoulMaTriX

SoulMaTriX New Member

I don't see where that is an option. I do not run the rotating libs or LUA files.

My settings:
    ////////////////////////////////
    // Game Setup Control Options //
    ////////////////////////////////

// Set to true to make this server show up in the browser even if it's empty.
    allowEmptyJoin : true

// Set to true to enable API that allows the server to control the game's setup. The host will not be able to control the setup if this is set.
    // Set to true to enable API that allows the server to control the game's setup. The host will not be able to control the setup if this is set.
    // This must be set to "true" for the following attributes to work: ServerControlsTrack, ServerControlsVehicleClass, ServerControlsVehicle
    controlGameSetup : true

// Initial attribute values, see /api/list/attributes/session for the full list.
    // These attributes will be used when joining an empty server via the borwser (if allowEmptyJoin is true) and as the intial attributes for the set_attributes and set_next_attributes APIs (if controlGameSetup is true)
    // The defaults set these values:
    sessionAttributes : {
    // The host player can control track selection if set to 0. Set to 1 to disable track selection in the game.
    "ServerControlsTrack" : 0,

// The host player can change the vehicle class by going through the garage if set to 0. Set to 1 to disallow players changing the class.
    // Flag FORCE_SAME_VEHICLE_CLASS (1024) should be also set for this to make sense, otherwise players are able to choose cars from any class.
    "ServerControlsVehicleClass" : 1,

// Players can change their vehicle if set to 0. Set to 1 to disallow players changing the vehicle.
    // Flag FORCE_IDENTICAL_VEHICLES (2) should be also set for this to make sense.
    "ServerControlsVehicle" : 0,

// Grid size up to 32, all reserved to players, so no AI.
    // Note that 32-bit clients will not be able to join the game if this is larger than 16.
    "GridSize" : 21,
    "MaxPlayers" : 6,

// 10m/10m/10l.
    "PracticeLength" : 10,
    "QualifyLength" : 10,
    "RaceLength" : 5,

// Race flags - bitfield consisting of many flags, the default is set like this:
    // ALLOW_CUSTOM_VEHICLE_SETUP (8) + ABS_ALLOWED (32) + SC_ALLOWED (64) + TCS_ALLOWED (128) + "
    // FORCE_SAME_VEHICLE_CLASS (512) + FILL_SESSION_WITH_AI (131072) + AUTO_START_ENGINE (524288) = 656106"
    // See /api/list/flags/session in HTTP API, or globals "lists.flags.session" or "SessionFlags" in Lua API for the full list.
    "Flags" : -1610087912,

// AI opponent difficulty, from 0 to 100. Applies only on loading if GridSize is larger than MaxPlayers, and the FILL_SESSION_WITH_AI flag is enabled.
    "OpponentDifficulty" : 50,

// Damage setting.
    "DamageType" : 3,

// Real tire wear.
    "TireWearType" : 6,

// Fuel usage on.
    "FuelUsageType" : 0,

// Penalties on.
    "PenaltiesType" : 1,

// Any camera view allowed.
    "AllowedViews" : 0,

// Track Interlagos. See /api/list/tracks/ in HTTP API or globals "lists.tracks", "id_to_track" or "name_to_track" in Lua API.
    "TrackId" : 228315736,

// Vehicle class Stock Car Brasil. See /api/list/vehicle_classes/ in HTTP API or globals "lists.vehicle_classes", "id_to_vehicle_class" or "name_to_vehicle_class" in Lua API.
    "VehicleClassId" : -1689111246,

// Starting date and time.
    "RaceDateHour" : 15,

// Single weather slot set to "Weather_Clear1". See /api/list/enums/weather in HTTP API or globals "lists.enums.weather" or "Weather" in Lua API.
    "RaceWeatherSlots" : 1,
    "RaceWeatherSlot1" : -934211870,
    }

4. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

You need to add them in. Here's an example.

"PracticeDateHour" : 10,

"PracticeDateProgression" : 2,
    "PracticeWeatherProgression" : 1,

"PracticeWeatherSlots" : 4,
    "PracticeWeatherSlot1" : -934211870, //Clear
    "PracticeWeatherSlot2" : 888299130, //MediumCloud
    "PracticeWeatherSlot3" : 1275961519, //Random
    "PracticeWeatherSlot4" : 1275961519, //Random

"QualifyDateHour" : 01,

"QualifyDateProgression" : 2,
    "QualifyWeatherProgression" : 1,

"QualifyWeatherSlots" : 4,
    "QualifyWeatherSlot1" : 1275961519, //Random
    "QualifyWeatherSlot2" : 296956818, //LightCloud
    "QualifyWeatherSlot3" : -934211870, //Clear
    "QualifyWeatherSlot4" : 270338437, //LightRain

"RaceDateHour" : 15,

"RaceDateProgression" : 1,
    "RaceWeatherProgression" : 1,

"RaceWeatherSlots" : 1,
    "RaceWeatherSlot1" : -934211870, //clear

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

right, and if you create a p2p session or on a DS by -selectds parameter you'll have to check the UI for entries. AMS2 unfortunately uses settings of the last online session you visited and you get entries you never wanted.
    So its good to check your settings when creating a new session.

@ the devs: It would be a nice features, if we could store personal templates for session creation :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. SoulMaTriX

SoulMaTriX New Member

So in my example above, where would I place your provided lines of code? I am only using the server file in the dedicated server folder. It is funny, but I had the same issue with using the in game server creator where the weather would be raining in practice and qualify but clear in the race. Just strange. Thank you for the help and guidance.

@ devs: It'd be nice to have a GUI in the dedicated server folder to set servers versus running through the code :)

7. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Doesn't really matter since it all gets loaded into the memory but those are set at the bottom usually.

Also there is a webAPI you can access through the browser to modify a session (doesn't edit the server.cfg)

8. roszman

roszman Well-Known Member

[Deleted]
    It looks like the problem is on my side.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021