1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Information] VR Desktop Mirror disabling

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by MasterLooser, Apr 15, 2021.

1. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

i saw some ppl ask the devs regarding turning off the vr mirroring on their montior, aka not rendering the game again on their normal monitor while they are playing in vr.

i looked through the game and while i was looking for something else i found that there is already a way todo that.

-vrnomirror launch parameter
    just rightclick on the game in steam->properties and then enter -vrnomirror in the launch parameter box
    next time u start nothing should be on your monitor.
    also for the future, there seems to be settings for the same thing, that just arent implemented in the current game version(no menu option for that), so we will prolly get them at some point

hope this improves your performance :)

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

i have pretty bad news,
    while this works more or less as intended,
    u have to operate the menu's with your keyboard, the mouse doesnt seem to work, which sucks.

but ontop of that, at max gpu load(every setting on max) u are looking at roughly a 1.5-2fps increase without desktop mirroring.
    not really worth it tbh

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 3