Is AMS developing to a tool for simrace communities ?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by SaxOhare, Mar 26, 2016.

1. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I spend my time in servers practicing for races that never happen, mean while i get spammed in chat to join the communities. I don't like these marketing servers.
    I read something about a "Web-based Multiplayer Lobby" and "Official rooms for public multiplayer races" will this result in a more solid public multiplayer races?
    Or should i run my own public server?
    I like public races with fixed length for Practice, Qualy and Race.

2. Thiago Izequiel

Thiago Izequiel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For now, there's still a lot to do before our web-based lobby comes out. So i recommend that you run your own public server until then, or join a league that fits your liking.

3. Brent Mills

Brent Mills Member

My connection is on the blink at the moment, but once it's sorted in the next few days I'm going to be adding SuperTruck server with nice quick settings, 5 minute quali and 8 minute race. Good quick action with some AI to keep you company while you wait for others.

4. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The results of thist is decided by the community after all. Can't force people to race online (unfortunately... xD)
    Right now I'd say don't raise your spectatives about public racing that much even if the effort Reiza promises are great. Only 2 racing games are getting more public races (outside iRacing) so...

5. SaxOhare

@Will Mazeo I think you mean expectations by spectatives, I know they shouldn't be that high.

It can be frustrating when you are in practice and qualy for a hour or more and the race don't happen.
    But like Thiago said i have to practice my patience, or run my own server.

patience.jpg

I can't see the option to "just practice" in the dedicated server setup, That would be a solution also

6. xnorb

xnorb Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't understand why server owners don't add AI, so even when you're alone on the server you can still have a race going.

7. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Official rooms should also be making a comeback though we want to do better than the ones we did for SCE. We learnt a lot from that and got a lot of feedback from users so things will change to some extent from the previous offering but if you want to have a quick scoot around what was on offer the details are linked below.

Official Reiza rooms for Public Multiplayer racing
    Reiza Official Server Schedule

8. SaxOhare

Thanks,
    I like the fixed schedule and no voting.