1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it placebo or have they spoiled my F-Reiza?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by BrunoB, Aug 14, 2020.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Be aware that my exaggeration using the word "spoiled" was to get readers to this thread.:D
    But after I read this line in the changelog I rushed to the LBs to check this new change out.
    To check it out because I have considered the tire model for F-Reiza as close to perfect.:cool:

Reading the changelog it sounds like this change should be a slight advantage compared to before the change.
    But as I feel it after checking it intensively out (!) on some of the Hockenheim versions my assesment says that the behaviour of the car on the edge of adhesion is much (relative) more "binary" than before.:mad:
    (Binary = on/off grip. Now you have grip - ups now you dont).:(

The devs description with the positive description "better retention" of something called "adhesive friction at speed" can probably be correct.
    But it doesnt say something about when you now loose this "adhesive friction" it happens more abrubt.:eek:

ByTheWay: I admit it could be placebo - but as I feel it some of the fun recovering from slightly going over the edge has disappeared (somewhat).:(

2. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

One of my favorite cars.

As soon as I get work done I will do 50% race around Hockenheim to see if I notice something like you reported.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Ohhhh clickbaity-title. :eek::eek::eek::eek: Soo sneaky.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. BrunoB

Great @sgsfabiano - and I gather that you know the behaviour of this car if it is one of your favorite.
    Be aware that the changes is only showing when you stress the car on the edge of the tires adhesion.:cool:

ByTheWay: I consider this change as something that is slightly lowering the fun and satisfaction playing with this car on the edge of adhesion - but because I didnt want to diffuse my point in the start post I didnt reweal that I actually did set 2 new socalled World Records in 2 of the historic Hockenheims with this change in the tire model. So it is useable - but not so fun/satisfying.
    And hopefully my experience is not only placebo :whistle:

5. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Mate, I've not noticed any huge difference in the handling. Tbh maybe the corner exit feels like I should press the throttle more gently, but then it might be my own placebo after reading this thread lol

Also bear in mind that I'm very likely much less skilled than you and I might not be pushing the car to the limit. Add to that the fact that I drive with G29 wheel and pedals, so I'm used to much less detail than those who drive higher tier equipment.

At least for me, the F-Reiza is still a very pleasurable experience (ignorance is a bliss, isn't it? :D).

6. BrunoB

Thanks for checking this out Fabiano.:)

One of the problems with these more subtle things is that after a short while using a smaller change in the tire model/physics then this become the new normality.
    So your brain/body cannot remember how the old one was and therefore cannot distinguish if there really was a change.:confused:

Hehe just like you does mention that IF you feel any difference it could be because I have talked about it in this thread.;)
    I had similiar thoughts because I focussed on this line in the patch notes BEFORE I tested the car out on the track - and therefore I was hyper focussed if Reiza had "spoiled" my car.:D

ByTheWay: At least Im glad I allready mentioned the possibility of placebo - but as a last trying to hold my slightly critical oppinion about this then the situation you describe managing the throttle more gentle at exit of a corner would be exactly where this more abrubt change in grip/adhesion would show itself.:whistle: