1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is real weather broken in custom championship mode?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by F1Aussie, Jun 12, 2021.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi all, wondering if anyone has any real weather issues in custom championship mode?
    I am constantly getting rainy sessions in summer on days where rain is not forecast.
    As an example tonight I had a first round of a GTE championship at Daytona. Practice on 22/5/21, q on 23/5/21 and race on 24/5/21.
    Looking at weather underground there was no rain on any of those days. I had rain for first part of practice, q was dry but the track was damp and then in the race it absolutely tipped down for the full 30 minutes. I have time progression at 10x also.
    I also had an issue when setting up the last round and I used the date of 7/6/21 and it said that there was no real weather data available so would use live weather instead.
    Anyone else having any gremlins?

2. F1Aussie

Montreal tonight, first round of GTE custom championship, set weather date to 16/8/20. I checked the weather before setting this race date and the weather was dry for all three days around then. Yet again in practice I had a lot of rain and in q the track was damp again. The weather around that time was warm, even the nights.

3. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think one issue here is that when your custom championship has more than five rounds, when you change dates for the later rounds it actually changes the earlier rounds instead. This can create some confusion about what date gets used, because the actual event never shows you the date used.

4. F1Aussie

I have only created championships with three rounds so far.

5. Sean Smith

Sean Smith Wolf WolfZ AMS2 Club Member

Set your "race" dates and weather first then Qual and Prac See if it helps, as prac and qual are calculated 1 or 2 days earlier from race setting , maybe? I heard it through the grape vine :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

I read that as well.
    Hopefully it will be more customisable as the feature is further developed. Club racing will often have P,Q and R1 all on the same day.

I notice the UI doesn't update properly either when R1 is on a different day to R2, so there's still a bit to work on by the looks of it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. F1Aussie

Yes I know about the q and practice date thing but will try your suggestion. If that is it then there must be a bug in it.

8. F1Aussie

Had a go at setting up a new championship using your tips but still had the same real weather issues. Created a 3 round custom championship using the DPI, first race at Spielberg on 1/4/21. I choose that weekend as the weather was fair, sunny and warm. Same probs, tipped down with rain in P and was -1 Celcius, the rest of the weekend was sunny but temps were way out to the real weather on the day, was out by about 15c.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. azaris

Hmm. Could it be a month-day conversion issue? 4/1/21 instead of 1/4/21? Seems to match the real weather in Spielberg on January 4, 2021:

Feldkirchen bei Graz, Austria Weather History | Weather Underground

10. F1Aussie

Interesting, I dont know, when you choose the date in game it can't mess it up as it chooses as 1 April 2021. Unless it is a backend issue that has done that with the date?

11. azaris

I wonder if the date being queried incorrectly also causes the graphical glitch of missing terrain in custom championships with real weather? It's kind of distracting and makes the real weather not fun at all.

ss171003.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1