1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a big difference between the $29.95 version ad the expensive one?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bill Thayer, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Bill Thayer

Bill Thayer New Member AMS2 Club Member

I bought the $29 dollar version of AMS 2 yesterday and asked for a refund within an hour. it seemed like junk. should I have went for the $116. version, is there a big difference ?
    I was hoping for more.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. roby13

roby13 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's all clearly explained on the steam page. Except maybe u just wanted to emphasize the "junk" part :p

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. CreamyCornCob

CreamyCornCob Member

Just another person expecting everything and not knowing what beta or early access means.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  4. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

"should I have went for..." I think you mean "Should I have gone" at the very least.

Early access
    definition:
    "Early access, also known as early funding, alpha-access, alpha founding, or paid-alpha, is a funding model in the video game industry by which consumers can purchase and play a game in the various pre-release development cycles"

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Wow how do you even make it through the day buddy? I’ve got a headache from reading this. You buy it cheap because the game isn’t at version 1.0. You are giving the developers a revenue boost to help them get it to version 1.0. It is a low risk gamble because it’s Reiza and they are awesome. Once they get to version 1.0, the price pretty much doubles. The $116 version is the exact same version as the $29 version, except when DLC releases you get it for free. They are doing exactly what ACC did. Game starts off basic and cheap, then gets more expensive as time goes by and is completed. For the next four to eight weeks the game will have bugs, bits missing, some cars are great and some aren’t finished. Maybe read the road map along with Reiza being honest saying don’t buy the $116 version whilst it’s only $29 to buy in early access. If you love sims buy it now, don’t touch it again for a couple months and thank me later !

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Bill Thayer

Bill Thayer New Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow you guys are pretty RUDE. just a simple question and expected a simple answer

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's not just a simple question. Calling this game "Junk" is what i call RUDE.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 2
  8. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

You come into the official forums, full of devs and users, that are part of its lifecycle, even enjoying and fanboying the hell out of it and call it "junk" then. How rude is that? What goes around, comes around. ;)

If you don't like it, you can refund without discrediting, but with worthy/informative critizism, for example. Reading the product description and googling "season pass" is maybe helpful for the understanding, what the price is for.^^

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  9. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

I’ve answered your question comprehensively, you have told a whole team of developers that their hard amazing work is junk ?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dale Ballweg

Dale Ballweg Member

Maybe I'm missing it but I bought the $29.00 version, is there a way to upgrade up to the $116.00 version or am I stuck because I know I'll be buying a bunch of the DLC's.

11. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You still can buy the season pass separately on steam at any time, it will give you all dlc from 2020/2021.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Saabjock

Saabjock Member AMS2 Club Member

Take a brief pause and re-read your statement.
    Think about how you worded it, then tell us if you think it could have been handled differently.
    If you cannot truly see the irony in your response, then it gives me more input into your mindset.
    You could have simply said... "The title is not what I expected. Is the more expensive version any different?"
    The options were already clearly explained but it'd have garnered a much more compassionate response.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Leadbelly

Leadbelly New Member

The first rule when posting in any games forum, never run the game down. The fanboys will eat you alive, it does not matter if your right or wrong. I bought the early access version and like it just fine, if ever there comes a time I don't I just wont play it anymore. I wont be posting in the forum the game is junk.

• Like Like x 1
  14. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Behaviour model in www dates back to stoneage.:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, not cool to come into someone's office and disrespect their work. Find out more about it and why it's different to your expectations, get a refund, ignore it altogether, whatever. Does nobody any good to have these kind of posts (OP). You know I'm starting to think that sometimes people can be a bit rude on the internet when they maybe wouldn't be like that face to face.

16. blanes

blanes Member

I'm enjoyen' the crap outta this piece of "junk" !

It's a feckin' Brilliant piece 'o' junk actually !!!! :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. CreamyCornCob

CreamyCornCob Member

1.0 on onward is just around the corner!

btw: what the hell is up with MP after midnight here in the US, West Coast time. Its like someone flips the sign "Closed for Business". Maybe a couple of stragglers in the store, but that's it. :D