1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a plan to update interior detail?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by eg01st, Apr 13, 2020.

1. eg01st

eg01st Member

Some cars have really low quality meshes and textures for interior parts, for example PUMA GTE and GTS.
    Makes 2020 game cars look more like 2015 mods. Is there a plan to upgrade the immersion breaking models in future? I know it's not a priority right now, but that could lead to some bad reviews and refunds from certain kind of people that pay attention to little details. I guess you could start with a simple things like windscreen wiper models, and adding vibrations etc.

Just take a look at AMS2 vs ACC:
    20200413135710_1.jpg

20200413140453_1.jpg

I have everything on Max in AMS2, but some cars just look like LOD1...

I know that even small details like windscreen wipers can take a lot of time. I do some modeling myself, I can send you over my models :D
    This is what I mean by details that are always visible, a windscreen wiper of 993 I'm working on:

wipers1.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

Sod the interior!

If they want this game to be as good as RF2 then they need to concentrate on driving dynamics and rules otherwise it will just be another GAME like PC2 and not a SIM

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. eg01st

eg01st Member

I don't think the 3D artist has much to do with the pysics...

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. eSTee3

eSTee3 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sometimes resources (people) wear more than one hat. Right now, physics are most likely prioritized above dashboard graphics. If the 3D artist is also helping with physics development, dashboard design will be taking a back seat... pun intended.

• Like Like x 1
  5. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe my old eyes are worn out, but i don't see anything wrong with the interiors in AMS2 on my pc.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would also like to see those dreaded PC2 worms worked on, I mean the scripted water worms, they are quite the eyesore, some of the dirt buildup is a bit extreme as well as some of it is very low texture, especially some of the stuff that gets in the cockpit of the p3 and p4 cars.

7. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would also like track details improved. More than interiors currently...

8. eg01st

eg01st Member

You are right, these cars look good. I was talking about different examples. Look at Puma GTE - windscreen wiper is just a set of black boxes, absolute lowest form of geometry. Quite a low effort for an object that's in front of players eyes at all times. I'm talking about single monitor. In VR the view angle makes it smaller so it's less noticeable.

• Like Like x 1
  9. eg01st

eg01st Member

I mentioned that I know it's not a priority. I'm just curious if this is how they intend to leave their models.

10. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

I prefer what we have here already, far sooner have a "GAME" that works than a broken "SIM" that's been in development for years...

I agree but what we have currently is an asset that comes with the Madness engine, as is a lot of other items, which in time I'm sure will be replaced with Reiza's own updated assets.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Yeah, I'm hoping that remodelling of the wiper assemblies will come as part of the functional integration and that the current models are mere placeholders until then.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope so, I am expecting great things from this Sim when it is finished.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. José Santos

José Santos New Member

I agree the the interiors need attention, as well as driver's animations. In vr the driver sometimes has his feet inside de car's bottom, the shifting animations aren't right (the driver just reaches for the place where the handbrake is and not the shifter), etc. I prefer Reiza to focus on physics but this needs attention.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. OlaN

OlaN Member

The drivers and wipers are for now only placeholders and will be finished later, I read somewhere.
    Also the suspension animation.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 2