Is there a track editor for Automobilista

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Daniel Rakos, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Daniel Rakos

Daniel Rakos New Member

I wonder whether there is a track editor for Automobilista, or whether you can suggest me any tools that allow me to construct tracks and export it in a format that works with Automobilista.

Note that I'm not looking for conversion tools, but rather an editor that allows me to create tracks from scratch (maybe some asserts or prefabs would come handy, but other than that it should be a ground-up build).

Can anybody help me with this?

2. DjFIL007

DjFIL007 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Bob's Track Builder or Race Track Builder (newer version of BTB, now on Steam), otherwise using something like 3DS Max or Blender to build 3D model from scratch. Basically you're exporting the track for use in rFactor... but then there's a bunch of custom additions specific to AMS that are kept under wraps. Technically AMS is not open to modding (all mods are 'unsupported'), this is because AMS licenced the gMotor source code to make their own game. Asking further questions on alternate forums (RaceDepartment, etc) might be better option.

3. Daniel Rakos

Daniel Rakos New Member

Thanks for help. I'll do as you suggested.